What's new

Novice needs help (1 Viewer)

HyoC

Auditioning
I am very new to home theater. I'm a techie by trade so I thought this would come easy. NOT!!!

Anyways, I purchased a Denon 3805 AV, and I find the manual very poor. Is there a book or anything anyone can recommend so that I know I am getting the most out of my system?

Thanks,

Hyo.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Denon is a great manufacturer, but its owners' manuals are notorious -- poor translations make for bad setup. However, just read the thing closely and get back to setting the unit up. The initial setup can be accomplished, but just read the thing carefully. Let us know specifically what might stump you and then post again here and we will help you out.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I think Kenwood is the only company that makes sane manuals.

Hi Hyo. Welcome to HTF!

The problem is that you have MANY choices in how you hook things up. You can make the reciever be the center of everything, or just handle the audio duties. This is why it seems complicated.

Let me give you some stock advice:

- Put the reciever on your lowest shelf. This will let the speaker wires flow out and away giving you room for the other connections.

- Start by NOT running any video to the reciever. Try and connect your video signals straight to the TV. Only send audio to the reciever.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks