What's new

Nousaine/S&V Sub Report (1 Viewer)

BenCosta

Agent
Don't know if you guy's have seen it, but there's a pretty cool quasi review by Tom Nousaine of a bunch of popular subs in this months issue of S&V.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I want the Velodyne 1812.

Kind of interesting to contrast TN's stuff with the dude doing the sub reviews in HT and whatever the hell SGHT is called now.

Tom gets down to brass tacks...stuff I can wrap my brain around. The new kid on the block has lots of really pretty charts and graphs and stuff, but at the end of the day, does any of that matter?

Kind of like TN's thinking; low, loud, clean, and flat. Nothing else matters. I also like he uniformity % rating. Again, something that is easy to wrap ones brain around, and makes perfect sense as well.

BGL

Ned

Supporting Actor
The best subwoofer reviews are a combination of subjective and objective testing. I could live with purely objective testing too, whereas purely subjective testing is almost meaningless.

"And the DD-18 shook the room with deep, well-defined pedal notes" -SGHT

What the f___ does that mean? At what SPL does "shaking" occur? What frequency?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Brian- I was just thinking that sure, I like the Keith Yates reviews too, but it *is* easier to draw conclusions from Tom's reviews. I mostly look at Keith's distortion results. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks