Notorious (Criterion)......anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bleddyn Williams, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    This disc streets next Tuesday, and I've yet to see one review of this terrific Hitchcock picture. Not one site I've visited has reviewed it yet!
    I received a shipping notice this week, so they're getting out there. If you have the disc, let us know what you find!
    Bleddyn
    ------------------

2. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I just got my shipping notice today!
    But I also find it odd that there are no reviews for this disc - I mean, there are a handful for Haxan and The Lady Eve, but none for Notorious?
    I've never really understood the priorities of most DVD sites, but the lack of reviews for a slam-bang, super-duper special edition of a certified Hitchcock classic strikes me as a very odd omission.
    (But I certainly can't wait to see it for myself - and REBECCA looks like it'll be even better!)

3. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

Criterion may not have sent out a review copy.
    I've got Notorious on the way, but I truly can't wait for the 2-disc Rebecca!
    Jim
    [​IMG]

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I know the editor at Digitally Obsessed got Notorious to send out for review...but I haven't received it so I expect someone else got it. Anyway, keep checking dOc over the next couple of days and it should be there.
    ------------------
    "This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Hey, where are the reviews that you found for Haxan? I'm really excited about this one as well.
    Thanks,
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List

6. Stu Rosen

Stu Rosen Second Unit

The Entertainment Weekly out on the stands today gave Criterion's Notorious an A.

7. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

digitallyOBSESSED has a Haxen review, and the review copy of Notorious (which I'm not getting either) has apparently just gone out. Sometimes the studios are a little behind getting out the review copies, which may to be the case here.
    ------------------
    Zardoz Online | Burt Lancaster is The Swimmer | dOc

8. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I should have my copies of Notorious and The Lady Eve sometime next week - boy am I jazzed!
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain