noticed something odd earlier.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul e., Jul 14, 2002.

1. paul e.

paul e. Agent

i was going back and doing my weekly avia adjustments and i noticed on the overscan pattern my screen is off to the left to much. i found a way to adjust the screen up and down but not left and right. does anyone know how i can adjust the screen horizontally?

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

weekly adjustments?

please excuse me for saying this but isn't that slightly um excessive?

I know i would hate to think that any tv would need or even benefit from weekly adjustments.....

as to your question sorry i dont know.

3. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

It would probably help if you told us who the manufacturer of your set is.

4. paul e.

paul e. Agent

sorry 'bout that it's a sony kp57hw40, and as for weekly adj. i really don't adjust much i just check some of the patterns (t.v. is'nt quite 60 hours old).

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

ah makes sense Paul

6. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

You might want to check other sources.

Try watching one of those news shows with 2 talking heads side by side in 4/3 windows with the set in full or widezoom. If the distance between the outer edges of the windows and the outer edges of the screen are equal on both sides, the problem is not with the tv.

What I'm trying to say is that an off-center image is not always the fault of the tv. Sometimes the dvd player will offset the image to one side. Panny RP91s had this characteristic when first released. Since you can play AVIA only on a dvd player, it's impossible to tell if the problem is in the tv or the player unless you find some other display source to judge centering.

My KP-57HW40 has the picture offset to the left a bit on dvd from my JVC player, but on other sources like regular cable or satellite, the picture is perfectly centered.