What's new

Notice anything strange on the Space: Above and Beyond main menus? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Make that much better. My first reaction to the SA&B menu was to think that it was a Photoshop prank put together by a not-very-skilled fan. :)

Joe

Katherine_K

Second Unit
The SAAB menus are pretty horrible, but frankly i'm just happy to have the series on DVD. I didn't think it would ever come.

But just to show you how important Babylon 5 was apparently to the menu designer...

JohnAP

Second Unit
this is too funny! I'm planning on picking this set up soon, to be honest I hadn't realized it was already out. Perhaps later this week.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'd read about this elsewhere, but hadn't seen it until this thread. Too funny. I'll be picking this set up in the near future.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
I've just gotta recommend this.
Best Buy has a sale right now. When you buy SAAB, and a Season of Millennium, X-Files, or Firefly, you get 20 bucks off. If you havent seen Firefly yet, this is the perfect way to get the set cheap. With Serenity out on the 30th, now's the time to watch!
The total's around $63 + tax, which isn't that bad I think.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

One of the seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD used the font from the imitation series Charmed. But that was pretty subtle compared to this.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Although the station image is certainly protected by copyright, it probably isn't protected by trademark - which means WB risks nothing if they turn a blind eye to this sort of minor infringement. Copyright does not require the kind of affirmative defense that trademark does. When I drew JMS's attention to a "generic" SF themed display at a national store chain that included a slightly modified picture of B5 (along with signature ships and the like from several other series with the logos removed) he said it was not the kind of thing that WB responded to. As long as nobody was delibreately misrepresenting something as being a B5 product, they had bigger fish to fry. I seriously doubt they would do anything but laugh about this and enjoy Fox's embarassment. :)

ravma:

Great tip about Best Buy. I only watched a few episodes of S&AB when it aired, and have never seen Firefly at all, so this might be a good way to check out both series "on the cheap".

Regards,

Joe

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The Bits was reporting a lot of people were having trouble with the 2nd episode freezing up. I didn't have a trouble, anyone know what the deal there is?

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
This thread is hilarious.

I think WB would be pleased rather than annoyed at this quite unexpected opportunity to market the B5 DVD releases -- at no cost to them.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
JMS finally responded to the second thread opened on the moderated newsgroup. This is what he said, in its entirety:

Now that's just screwy....

:)

Regards,

Joe

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
LOL! Thanks, Joe! I'd still like to know who the dim-wit was that put it on there... Or maybe he was a B5 fan.

Ulkesh

Auditioning
This is kind of an off topic, but here's another strange combination of two different universes. In my country the cover of the translation of Isaac Asimov's "Foundation's Edge" looks like this:

h**p://tinyurl.com/bxwwb

(couldn't write the url correctly as this is my first post here and there seem to be some strange restrictions)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks