What's new

Notes On Hammer Titles On DVD and/or Missing From Blu (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I just pulled out my DVD of Hammer’s PIRATES OF BLOOD RIVER last night and watched it through, finding it an eminently entertaining film with a very good transfer. Well-acted, great cast, nice music score, pleasant visuals, etc. And wow, Christopher Lee looks great in black! Tonight I will listen to the commentary track. I suspect that this and DEVIL SHIP PIRATES and a couple more of the adventure series will appear on a future Indicator box set. (I also suspect a future Hammer box from them will contain the sci-fi titles such as THESE ARE THE DAMNED…hope they can go beyond the Columbia titles and include X-THE UNKNOWN and QUATERMASS II, neither of which have been released on true 1080p Blu-ray anywhere in the world).
Most Hammer fans do not think of the adventure/oriental thriller (TERROR OF THE TONGS, STRANGLERS OF BOMBAY) films to be on the same level as its horror titles, but some of them certainly rival many of the 70’s horror titles. The suspense box that includes CASH ON...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Oct. 16 Sword of Sherwood Forest ...Twilight Time ... Dec. 18 Dracula, Prince of Darkness …. Shout Factory

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I happened to watch the BD of Pirates of Blood River last night. Go for it. It's quite luscious.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Just announced from Warner Archive: Dracula AD 1972 (new 2018 HD master) and Satanic Rites of Dracula (new 2018 HD master)

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Warner stopped releasing catalog titles that are new-to-Blu through Warner Home Video altogether in 2016.
Correct I think it sold pretty well or we wouldn't have got these two plus When Dinosaurs ruled the Earth from WAC but WHV stopped releasing any catalog titles in 2016 as Brandon said.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
But they DO have the rights to (HORROR) OF DRACULA (1958), and CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN. You wouldn't know it, though, would you?

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Thanks WBArchive ! It's about time you released the last 2 Hammer Dracula films on Bluray ! I am still in Shock, and a Very Happy Hammer Fan today ! Can't wait to see both in HD ! : ) : ) : )

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Guys, what movie is that from the top? The one where Christopher Lee is dressed in a brighter cape staring at the blonde girl.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks