What's new

Note for Pio VSX 49TX owners...Upgrade... (1 Viewer)

Rich H

Second Unit
Just saw this on another board, and since there are several 49TX owners here I thought I'd pass it on.

A web reviewer dude (docdvd) just posted he found out there
will be an upgrade offered on the 49TX. The upgrade includes firewire capability. He didn't have all the details, other than saying the upgrade doesn't quite get the 49TX up to *all* the 49TXi features.

For what it's worth...

Rich H.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
The upgrade will be worth it if you plan on getting the DV-49AVI or any other equipment that utilizes the firewire.
I also wonder what the extra features the 49TXi will have. I hope its not another surround format. Imagine, DPL3!! Dolby Digital Discrete 6.1, Man, I'll be pissed! :angry: I'll bet they'll just add Dolby Headphone. We'll found out sooner or later.

PaulKH

Second Unit
It's exciting that Pioneer is offering ANY kind of h/w upgrades on their receiver. I LOVE my 49TX.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Awsome. Will keep my eyes open for more news on this. Thanks for the post.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
It is amazing that an upgrade is already in the works for a receiver that hasn't been on the market that long.

I'm not really familiar with Pioneer but is this the first upgrade they are offering for their flagship receiver? I just every remember them offering upgrades on their previous Elites.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I'm not really familiar with Pioneer but is this the first upgrade they are offering for their flagship receiver?
I believe so.
I owned a Pioneer VSX-07TX, VSX-29TX, and a VSX-39TX in the past. None of them had upgrades. Its getting expensive for me to keep on upgrading. Heck, I can't help it! I gotta have the latest technology!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks