What's new

NOT underwhelmed by my new 16-46PC+!!! (1 Viewer)

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
UPS FINALLY delivered my new 16-46PC+ last night. I thought about this purchase for over a year. I read just about everything there is to read about SV subs. I had high expectations.

My expectations were fulfilled. First off, the customer service was great, right up there with Bryston. If you've ever dealt with Bryston, you know that's HIGH praise.

I've only had time to install, calibrate (flat, not 2-5dB hot) the 16-46PC+ and watch a few snippets of favorite movies and all of the Iron Giant.

I am NOT underwhelmed! The bloated, exaggerated 25-40Hz bass is not there. The TRUE bass is there, in spades. I'll have a few hours today alone with my new 16-46PC+. I'm going to play with placement, etc, but I'm happy with it just like it is.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
First off, the customer service was great
I have never come accross a company with better CS than SVS, those guys are always working for there current and future customers, I wont buy another sub from anybody else. AV123.com is also another company with great CS.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
same here...tom/ron/erik are top knotch...can't wait to buy another one!!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lynn, everyone.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad we finally tracked down the subwoofer and it made it to your home Lynn :)

Tom V.
SVS

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
"I'm glad we finally tracked down the subwoofer and it made it to your home Lynn"

Not nearly as glad as I am! :D

Ned

Supporting Actor
What's wrong with running hot? I run flat for music but for movies it's not very exciting.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
Ned, "running hot" isn't my thing. I prefer accuracy. Besides, it sounds so good set "flat"!

BTW, I like your system. I'm using Nautilus 804 mains (on Sound Anchor speaker stands, driven by a Bryston 4B ST) with a Nautilus HTM1 center for my front stage. I use a Rel Strata III Subwoofer for 2 channel sound.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
Running flat is calibrating to Dolby Digital standard. If your speakers are calibrated to 85dB, your sub is also calibrated to 85dB. BTW, due to RadioShack meter inaccuracy, that's actually 3dB hot, if I remember correctly.

Running hot is calibrating your sub to higher than Dolby Digital standard. If your speakers are calibrated to 85dB, your sub is calibrated to higher than 85dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks