Not trying to be a pest....

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Evan M., Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

Hey everyone......me again....the author of the HD thread that just got closed.
    Jack, I am sory to start a new thread but I think that nobody has understood what I am trying to get at.....at no fault of theirs.....my bad explaining. I will try one more time and please allow people to respond.

in a few years HD is going to be the norm. Stores will eventually stop selling "normal" tv's....probably sooner than later. When this happens obviously there will be a huge decrease in price. If not than someone will have a lot of question to answer when people find out that in order to watch t.v. they will have to spend over 600$ for a quality T.V......when currently they can get one for 300$. If someone wants a bigger set then of course it will be more money. The way things are now if you go into a store most of what they have are larger t.v.s....for usually well over 1,500$. My question is that do people feel a bit taken advantage of when these companies know that they will be forced to lower prices greatly on t.v.s in the not so distant future I am not saying that why buy now when the same thing will be cheaper in a year...that is common sence. Kind of like they are charging a large amount of money for as long as they can until they have no choice but to lower it. I am certainly not saying that you shouldn't buy one now....heck most people say that I was nuts to spend 1,300$ for 2 speaker LOL! It just seems that the people who are making these t.v.s and setting the price are taking advantage to the consumers for as long as they can. Hopefully this explained my point a bit.
    Again mods, I am sorry for restarting a thread but I feel it was closed under the wrong assumption. Just trying to get more knowledge [​IMG]. If you feel I am being patronizing that is not what I am trying to do....My 3 year history on the forum speaks for itself.

2. John S

John S Producer

Just as it took a long time for NTSC only displays to come down to these rock bottom prices, so will it be for HDTVs.

So if I understand you correctly, I just don't think any such thing will be an issue. It will be quite sometime, before you will find $300 HDTV in all but the smallest of sizes. There will not be any such dramatic overnight price decreases, it just doesn't work that way.

Any such display would be nothing more than an NTSC display that has been made to display HD.

Prices will creep down, just as they always have on virtually every product made.

3. Elinor

Elinor Supporting Actor

Oy.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

This seems to be your point:

Which I don't agree with.

But I also don't understand your question...

5. MichaelWalsh

MichaelWalsh Extra

I've been watching HDTV prices on 34" direct view sets for about 3 years now, they ain't moved downward very much (or at least as much as I would have liked). In fact, it's been darn right frustrating seeing sub 30" sets hit bargain basement prices while my wife has made me wait for what I want.

I think this will continue to be the norm, a premium price for anything sort of 32" or bigger and bargains to be had if you're willing to go smaller.

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

People understand it fine. They just don't agree with you. As Jack said, the subject has been covered.

M.

7. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

And which is why I am closing this thread, too. Evan, when this sort of thing happens and you don't think you were understood, contact the administrator. But we understand, nonetheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.