Not to beat a dead horse but...mid to higher end home theater packages

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Bernie_A, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Bernie_A

Bernie_A Stunt Coordinator

like the ones being featured on this site such as the Epic Grand Master Home Theater.....I would like to hear from some of you who have purchased this. Likes...dislikes....quality....minimum / maximum room dimensions for these systems, etc.

I like to support the underdogs and get the most for my money, but I don't have any way to audition these in my area (at least I haven't been able to find someone who has their products-internet only?).

I am also intrigued by the Rocket ELT-1 for a little less money.......or any of the other mid-to-higher-end packages for that matter.

I hate to do buy things site-unseen but the marketing and reviews have been impressive for the Epic-GMHT. Is there a comparison written somewhere that I can read?

Thanks for indulging another newbie.....

2. Michael__M

Michael__M Stunt Coordinator

Bernie- I am also a newbie around here and I can say that this is a very good forum will very helpful members. I don't remember the exact site but if you look around on the av123 forum you will find a link to a database of online equipment owners willing to let you listen to their set-ups. Just enter your zip and you may get lucky.

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Bernie, the URL you want is www.audioenvy.com

They have listings of Diva, Rocket, SVS and Adire owners who are willing to demo those products. You can always also try a post on the AV123 WEB page and see if anyone answers.

4. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

5. Mike^C

Mike^C Stunt Coordinator

Mike
    Follow the post on this forum about the Online Speaker Shootout. These companies have some great value for the price. I'd say wait for this article at least until you decide.