Not sure where i should put something like this.....

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Anthony_I, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Anthony_I

Anthony_I Stunt Coordinator

but does anyone have or know where i can find that THX sound they play in the theatres and on movies etc??
    just the plain one, that sounds like two sweeps going in different directions... like one going from high to low and the other from low to high at the same time.

if that description makes any sense.

2. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

There are a number of DVD titles out on the market that are THX certified that play the sound you are describing over the THX logo just before the movie starts. If you mean to download it from a site I can only suggest the official THX website www.thx.com. However, I just went up on the THX site but none of the sites on the webpage have the sound you are describing. It probably wouldn't be legal to download it anyway.

3. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

Do you mean like in the intro of Star Wars or Terminator 2?

4. Anthony_I

Anthony_I Stunt Coordinator

Nick, yes, but actually i managed to find it.

I think i want to buy some of these CD's now, i managed ot find some other tracks and what not and some are pretty cool sounding.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune Up disc has a number of THX and DD intros, if you want them on DVD. It lacks the basic one however, as well as any of the DTS ones.