What's new

Not struggling with life but close to it.. (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
OK, yseterday was my birthday (November 30th) and I got a GameCube with RS2 and Wave Race: Blue Storm. I have a job, and tons of HW from school, not to mention 2 projects due within the next week.
-When I'm not working, I'm doing HW
-When I'm not doing HW, I'm working
-My brother is up visiting from my home town Orlando, FL until Jan. 3rd.
-I have no time to play my GC, enjoy my now sweeter HT because I got a matching futon (black..aahhhh) nor enjoy my brother's PS2..
I might quit my job once I save for an SVS and rears..
Anyone having a similar problem?
-Bert :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
yes, real life often gets in the way of my enjoyment :)
i never seem to have enough time for my hobbies, yet, here we are, posting at HTF, aren't we ? :D

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Lets be glad for the things we do have to enjoy!This time of year I cannot help but think of the folks that dont even have a home,let alone a home theater.

Wait until you have kids,then you wont have ANY time

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
You took the words right out of my mouth Chad! My wife and I have a four week old. He doesn't understand/care that Fridays have been movie night for several years!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I too have no time. In fact, I'm doing homework right now (I'll get back to it in a couple of minutes), and I have 3 major projects due by next monday, some big tests this week, and I have stay after school some days this week to make-up quite a bit of work I missed from taking a day off last week to finish homework I had due at the end of the week. On top of that I have exams coming up and a VERY large AP semester test. It is difficult when there are so many things you want to do but have no time for (especially when you see other people having fun and have all the free time in the world). Well, at least we can be thankful that we at least have a place to come home to, have food to eat, and people around us that care. Don't worry, when things calm down at least you'll have a GC, DVDs, etc. to play with. The hard work will make that time all the more rewarding.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Hell, I'm in the same boat. I am working 30 hours a week while at the same time attending college. I get around 4 or 5 hours of sleep every night and I normally eat only once or twice a day. When I try to watch a DVD on one of my off days, what happens? I always fall asleep in the middle of it! Jeez, isn't it great to have the money to buy things, while lacking the time and lucidity to enjoy it.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
this part of the semester sucks.

I think all my prof's get together and decide a "magic week" where every paper, exam, and group project will come to head.

DarrinH

Second Unit
Ahh the story of college life. Was there for seven years after it was all said and done (changed majors too many times). Persevere people the time will come when you have a job and free evenings! My wife and I have put off kids for a little bit so we have some free time. We are enjoying ourselves too.

My thoughts go out to those students during the end of the semester. I know what you feel like. Stick with it the break is coming soon.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
See you ppl all have your priorities straight.
I on the other hand am a fool. I'm a full time university student here and I've got 5 finals coming up within the next 2 weeks. I'm working two part time jobs and for some reason i just bought a gamecube on thursday. See it woudln't be a problem if i had to will power to ignore it and start studying...and here begins my problems :D
I also have like 5 dvd's i've bought and haven't even had time to watch yet!
I can't wait for this freakin' semester to end

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Dennis, have you tried explaining to him about movie night? Maybe you 2 can come to an agreement.:D

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
Luckily, I'm done school now (engineering degree plus a computer science degree taken at the same time, 5 years total), but when I was in school, this time of year was HELL! I've written final exams before I could finish off the assignments for the class (the prof gave extensions past the final exam date). I've had three exams in two days with only one day to study for them all. I've had three hour exams run into 5 hours because the prof accidentally made it too hard. But with all those hardships, I've still had many-a-beer to celebrate the completion of each exam. :D
Let me just say, you may not have any time now, and that might not change for a while. You have to make time to have fun, that way you won't burn out. I'm speaking from experience.:)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Sounds like you're investing your time very well. Stick with it. You are young. Do things you will be proud to remember. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks