Not-So-Official "Panic Room" Pre-release Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Mayer, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Well, my friends, I had to get something up here for Panic Room. It's just under 4 weeks until my second most anticipated movie of the year, and I wanted to share this.
    Panic Room
    Although Jodie looks awesome in that pic, it is NOT short hair (but how cool would that be) she's got. If you look at the shadow (yes, I am obsessed with her), she just has it pulled back into a ponytail[​IMG]
    On to the article, anyone know why Polygram went with Sean Penn instead of Jodie on The Game? Anyone? I am quite curious...
    I, for one, feel that a new David Fincher movie is cause for celebration. I know that this movie isn't Se7en or Fight Club, but Fincher can make anything special. Even if it's merely a thriller, I feel confident it will be brilliantly made (and acted). I cannot wait.
    Just wanted to know what everyone else thought???
    Take care,
    Chuck

2. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

I think alot here in the forum are going to see this since Fincher is directing. The last film of his I saw in the theater was The Game. I still kick myself for not seeing Fight Club.

3. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

I also like David Fincher myself. I'll be there to support this one.

~Edwin

4. Allan Petersen

Allan Petersen Stunt Coordinator

Having just seen the trailer, I am very stoked. There are some fantastic sweeping camera moves (very reminiscent of Fight Club). Jodie Foster and Forest Whitaker will draw me into the theater for sure.
    My only problem is that it looks like an uptown version of the Walter Hill movie Trespass. PLEASE prove me wrong, Fincher!!!!

5. Mick Wright

Mick Wright Second Unit

Fincher is the man, the trailer is fantastic and creepy, I'm there March 9. However, I just can't believe Fincher directed a throw-away thriller. There has to be a metaphor I'm not aware of yet. [​IMG]

6. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

I cant wait. I didnt know it was so close to release.

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

8. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

The first time through the trailer I wasn't sure. "Throw away thriller" certainly seems to nail it.

But the 2nd time seeing the trailer I was more hopeful. I felt like there was more there to pick up on after all.

The room sinking like an elevator is a very cool shot also (sort of split screen).

So it looks like it could at least have layers as a thriller, like Hitchcock films do. That's a good goal to aspire to, it doesn't always have to be about moral layers (although maybe it will be).

9. Guy_K

Guy_K Second Unit

Speaking of Jodie Foster ::looks up at picture above this post::

10. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Everyone's going to need to cool their jets. The publicity person sent me an e-mail this week stating that despite the Super Bowl ad trumpeting a March 8 release date, the film will now open March 29.

11. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Bummer. I rarely get to the theater and this was on my "definite" list. Well...I'll manage, but probably just barely.

Bruce

12. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Mark, thanks for the (bad) news. Well, then it's less than EIGHT weeks, which still isn't too bad. I wonder what the reason for the delay is? Oh well. I am still psyched.
    Still, thanks for the update[​IMG]
    Take care,
    Chuck

13. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

14. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I'm like Seth, the first time I viewed the trailer it didn't look anything out of the ordinary. But I thought this is Fincher, of course it's going to be deeper than first meets the eye. This is a highly anticipated film for me and count me on board [​IMG].

15. Chris Lynch

Chris Lynch Stunt Coordinator

16. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Yah...but at the same time, regardless of the ambiguity of the Fight Club trailer...there was plenty of history due to it first being a book.

As for Panic Room...I'm also pumped. I'm a huge Jodie Foster fan, and well...a huge Fincher fan. Definitely on my must-see list for 2002.

17. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    I thought the trailer was pretty interesting with potential for a good thriller. Then I saw David Fincher's name and my expectations immediately shot up. There has to be more to the premise than we think...I hope.[​IMG]
    Can't wait to see it, and BTW, anyone notice that Jodie's child is a girl? From the trailer, I thought it was a boy. That makes it even more interesting. Mother and daughter against the evil bad men![​IMG]

18. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Hey all, again. Fresh from enjoying Fight Club last night[​IMG] I then watched a bit of the commentaries, followed up by the beginning of Alien3.
    Everyone seems to want "deep implications" in this Fincher movie. While I am certain they will be there, it is quite possible they won't be at the forefront. In the included article above, Fincher seemed enamored of doing a Hitchcock-type thriller in a claustrophobic environment. Even if the movie is a bit sparse on thematic or moral development, it'll have the visual strength of Fincher's eye. Even a run-of-the-mill thriller seen through Fincher would be something to watch. Not every film has to be "about" something. That being said, Fincher has a great eye for scripts, so I do expect multiple layers on this one. I just don't expect Fight Club.
    Fincher and Foster will be special. I am pretty excited.
    Take care,
    Chuck

19. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Anyone else thinks Jared Leto's hair is awesome!! As for the show, just look at what he's foing, this film like all of his, is a technical masterpiece which, in my opinion, is worth the admission price alone.