What's new

Not seeing full image? Help! (1 Viewer)

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
I have no idea what is going on!
I just received my DVE disk, and I'm running through the patterns, and I'm realizing that some of the circles don't look complete on the edges, I'm not seeing full squares on others, etc.

I zoom out (shrink, not that I was zoomed in initially), and there is image that I'm not seeing!!! WTF? So I go into the setup menu, and try each picture size (4:3 Letterbox, 4:3 Normal, and even 16:9 Widescreen) and I'm missing stuff no matter what! So I pop the DVE into the X-box to see if I'm still missing stuff. I can tell right off the bat in the menu that I'm not seeing it all. I feel like a total moron for not noticing this before! The TV is under warrenty @ Best Buy. Is there anything that I should do before I consider returning it?

Thanks!

BTW: The TV is very similar to

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisi...p?model=20af43

but I think mine is an older model (doesn't have 16:9 modes, Gametimer, etc, but essentially the same thing).

Jason GT

Second Unit
This is overscan, and is normal.

Watch the DVE program material; overscan is explained. You should not have more than 5% overscan, 10% tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks