What's new

Not Magnetically Shied (1 Viewer)

mr.H

Grip
Real Name
Hermie
Hello Everyone!
Need some advice. My front speakers are not magnetically shield. so everytime I played the dvd a little bit louder, there's always a transparent blue or green colors that appears on the side of my TV. any remedy? no plan to change it to plasma or LCD and no plan to move away my speakers either. :frowning:
Thanks!

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Nope. Your options are to move the speakers, buy new speakers or buy a different type of tv. Sorry for not having the answer you wanted to hear.

johnADA

Stunt Coordinator
Place something like tin cans, furnace round ducting with end caps or something like this and secure them over the magnets in the speakers.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
That stuff is very expensive.

Here are the bucking magnets that Parts Express has to offer:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=3

These are cheaper and more effective that the magnetic shielding plates. You will have to glue these things on using epoxy or something, so be sure they are on right the first time. You will need as little as two, one for each speaker. The bucking magnet should be approximately 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the woofer's magnet.

If you don't find the size you need there, try searching google for bucking magnets, cancelation magnets, Ferrite magnets, Disk magnets, or Ceramic magnets.

To help you get what you need, tell us what your speakers are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks