What's new

Not hearing TV channels through HTS? (1 Viewer)

rachael

Auditioning
Real Name
Rachael

Attachments

• HTS.JPG
    HTS.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 79
  • TV.JPG
    TV.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 84

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If your television has an optical out jack then use it to connect up to your LG unit and select dolby digital in the settings menu of the TV and not PCM which tends to always give 2 channel sound, of course select that if its 2 channel you want, i can't get the pdf file to open for the TV so don't know if there is an optical out, i use optical out when getting sound from my TV to AV Receiver and select dolby digital in the audio menu of the TV, it may be different for your set.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What is your "source" of broadcast? OTA/cable/sat?

Your TV doesn't have an analog audio output...so "red/white cables" is doing absolutely nothing.

You have a digital coax. I'm not downloading a HTiB manual(I don't in general, you own it you can look). It "appears" to have an optical input back there(you linked the wrong page of the manual).

Since the TV has digital coax you need(if this HTiB has an optical)...
http://www.amazon.com/C2G-40018-Coaxial-Optical-Converter/dp/B0002J2MV4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366469053&sr=1-1&keywords=coax+optical+converter (these are sold both directions. You need coax -> optical.)

If there is no optical, you need...
http://www.amazon.com/C2G-40018-Coaxial-Optical-Converter/dp/B0002J2MV4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366469053&sr=1-1&keywords=coax+optical+converter

However, if you answer back with "I have a cable/sat box"...then that more than likely has an optical. Very rare for those to have a digital coax like the TV does. But then again, I'm used to U.S. STB.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can't get the TVpdf to load either, then realized she linked the rear panel hookups. That shows a digital coax.

The wild card is the HTiB. I don't litter my computer with the manuals.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
schan1269 said:
I can't get the TVpdf to load either, then realized she linked the rear panel hookups. That shows a digital coax.

The wild card is the HTiB. I don't litter my computer with the manuals.
I did open the manual for the LG HTiB and it does have an optical in, thus she needs that converter you linked to in order to get the sound from the digital coax to the optical in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks