What's new

Not happy with 2 channel from my Onkyo (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, this is my second Onkyo receiver. My first was the 575 and now I have the SR503 which is 7.1. I have tried some of the different set ups but I have never liked 2 channel from this, it was great on my 575 so what gives? I usually end up on all channel stereo when listening to music and it sounds much better.

Sure, I have a different room,this one is 9' tall and 14'x14' and the speakers (JBL E30) are around 8' apart with a 110" movie screen and center channel(ec35) in the middle.

Any thoughts?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil

What player are you using and how is it connected (e.g. analog, digital)? In some cases, rec'rs have an 'analog direct' type mode which bypasses much of the circuitry to give a purer 2-channel sound. With a digital connection, the DACs are typically piggybacked off the DSP and the signal goes thru more circuitry which may not be a good thing.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Most likely the different room and set-up is making about 95% of the difference. I'm not sure changing your electronics is going to make much difference. To the extent that you can make small changes in the arrangement of your speakers, you may be able to get closer to what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks