What's new

Not getting DTS on HK.....why oh why? (1 Viewer)

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
I have an AVR630 connected via optical to a NAD T533 DVD player.
I watched Open Range last night and decided to select DTS on the DVD's audio menu.

What happened is that the AVR630 is still in Dolby Digital and only two speakers are working. I had to reset the DVD to Dolby 5.1, no biggie but I still wonder why the DTS on the AVR won't light up if the disc sound was selected to DTS.
I tried to switch via remote but won't.

Any tips?

Also, the DVD player has an option for 48 and 96 khz. Which one should I select?
Thanks. I know I can google all this for the answer but I have spent 20 minutes so far and can't find it.

THanks again.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Most dvd players ship with the dts feature turned off. You need to go into the dvd player's setup, and set digital output to bitstream, not pcm.
You may also need to set something in the receiver's setup, to accept a dts signal. Not familiar with the AVR630.
Also, the players won't automatically choose the dts track of a movie. You HAVE to go into the movie's menu and choose dts track. Even after choosing, it won't show on receiver's display until the movies actually starts..........
Good luck!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Your receiver is not in DD when you did this, it went in to Dolby Pro-logic because it is getting a stereo signal (PCM). As noted above, in your DVD player's menu, you need to go into the digital audio settings and setup and enable DTS as well as set it to bitstream.

You shouldn't have to do anything to the receiver, besides set it to auto detect the sound format.

96K vs 48K, go with 96K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks