What's new

Not enough Stern show replays, way too much Stern News (anybody actual listen to it?) (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I think the topic is self explanatory, but I will elaborate anyway.

Because of my work schedule, I am not in my car when Stern is live. I just recently got a Sirius reciever and I was shocked at how little the actuall Stern show is replayed. I mean with two channels to program I can't believe there is no replay during the afternoon drive time. I think Stern needs to just get rid of Howard Stern news entirely. I have never been less entertained in my life then when trying to listen to his news team. And it seems to get replayed more times during the day.

I continue to listen to O&A (I recently decided to subscribe to most). But I am not a blind follower and was hoping to give Stern a chance to see what he is like without the fcc. With 2 channels I don't see why the day's show just can't repeat in a loop with maybe an hour here or there for special programming.

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
I've been listening to Stern for over 15 years and can honestly say this is the easiest it's been to catch him. He was always in for the morning time. There's 6-11ish EST, then you have the delat on 101 at 9-2pm EST, then you have the night time replay at 9-2am EST on 100. THe Stern News is fantastic, I love it, and think it's really cool. Especially considering how slanted people in the media take his stories. With the lawsuit developments, I think this is the time for the news to shine.

I am honestly surprised to see people complain about the show despite there being no commercial breaks, relaxed attitude, and the replays.

So from 2pm-9pm, there's no actual Stern show but he's trying to provide some unique programming in the evening and leaving the news for the afternoon.

Everything's going to be a constant experiment and in time he'll find what's best. But I'm satisfied there's breaks, otherwise I'd get nothing done day or night.

The news may not be your thing, but I think you'll just need to find an easy way to tape the show and replay it in your car on the drive home. Me, I use my minidisc to record what I want of the show. But you can use an oldfashioned tape player too. That's what the audio out's for in the back of your dock.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
I arrive at work around 730AM EST so I listen to Raw Dog until the 9AM start of the West Coast replay..very convenient to catch the beginning of the show.

I also find the Wrap-Up show (should have called it the After-Show) very entertaining too. Howard 100 news is OK...
I don't always tune in every day

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Obviously its easier to catch his show now, then when he was on Terrestrial radio, and on once a day period. But with two stations of just Stern, there is no reason he can not cover afternoon drive time. I wouldnt mind if they carried his channels online. And I am not going to run out and buy a boombox for my sportser, like most people I am only a casual listener and am not going to go out of my way to catch the show.

O&A make sure they have a rerun for afternoon drivetime, and they only have one channel. They also have a second major program, Ron&Fez who they easily could have made live for the afternoon drive. But I think XM/O&A realize that they are the main attraction for the channel and they should have all the key slots covered.

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
the only problem i have with it is that i don't want to see a stern replay during the bubba show.it wouldn't be fair to bubba.i dont like hearing howard 100 news all-the time either. hearing the whack pack , sal, jason & will nag , gets on my nerves quick

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I agree that an afternoon drive time replay might be a good move for those who want total Howard coverage. However, I also understand that this would mean that Howard is up against Bubba in Bubba's "debut" time. If I recall correctly, I think that there has been some talk recently of Howard making 101 the "repeat" channel 24/7 with 100 becoming the "main channel" for all new shows. That way Bubba can move over to 100 (he sometimes gripes, tongue-in-cheek, about being relegated to the "other" HOWARD channel, 101) and listeners can know where to go for all the new material.

Obviously with one 24/7 HOWARD station people are going to welcome some repetition to be able to take an occasional break. With two HOWARD channels it becomes even harder to turn off the radio.

;)

Like others said, this is a work in progress and I'm sure they will sort it all out so that they maximize the audience potential. It's not like Les Moonves is running the show.

:laugh: :laugh:

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
Howard just announced that starting monday he will have constant replays of the show throughout the day.

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Well, Benson you spoke, and Howard listened.

From HowardStern.com on the Friday show 3.10.06

Howard commented that he’s been receiving a number of requests from people who want the show to air nonstop on one of his channels and that he has decided to honor their requests. Howard said that when he first thought about airing the show on a loop, he figured people would get sick of hearing it. However, Howard added that since so many fans have told him otherwise, he’s agreed to give it a chance.

Howard then announced that the show will air all day on Howard 100, with “The Wrap Up Show” and the Noon and 6PM live editions of “The Howard 100 News” being the only breaks. Howard also said that, once the new schedule begins, Bubba the Love Sponge’s show, the West Coast feed of his program, repeats of The Howard 100 News and all the specials will be broadcast on Howard 101. Tim Sabean, the program director of Howard’s SIRIUS channels, then noted that two shows from the week will be chosen and one will air on Saturday, and the other on Sunday.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Well, from reading posts on Sirius backstage, this was a common request. So it is great that Stern seems to be listening to his fans. Now if only he could convince Artie to host an hour of programming himself, instead of letting losers like King of all blacks then I would be really impressed.

TedT

Second Unit
Actually, I liked the King Of All Blacks show (the last one he did). I'd listen to him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks