What's new

Not enough component inputs! (1 Viewer)

John M Miller

Stunt Coordinator
I've been very happy with my Philips 30PW850H HD-ready set till now. However, it's only got 2 sets of component inputs, and that's not enough to accomodate my HD tuner, Xbox and-- hopefully-- a new DVD player. Is there any way around this problem? Should I just wait until the DVD recorders come down in price and run the Xbox through that?

Please advise.

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
There are plenty of choices...BUT;

1. The Pelican is rated "piss-poor", and not worth the money.

2. Recievers can introduce noise to the signal.

I, for the most part, go for quality. For this application, you really do get what you pay for. Plus the auto switching is God-send!

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
any dvi inputs on the tv? (sorry, too lazy to search) get a dvd with dvi out: LG, momitsu, bravo, etc...

ag.

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
You could also look at the products from This company. They are of very high quality (from what I've read) but you also pay for it.

Clayton_T

Grip
I purchased a component video switch from AV Toolbox. I absolutely love it! It has 4 inputs and 2 outputs, and I do not see any loss of HD picture quality with it. The 2 outputs are very handy for my Gamecube, since not all games are progressive scan capable.

Do a search for "HD Video Switching" in this forum. There is a thread which lists all the possibilities and has some reviews on the subject.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor

I don't get this .. why would this matter? I mean on games that output it vs. games that don't, why would you change your cable? Sorry I'm just confused

Mike

Clayton_T

Grip
I plug one output to the 480i input of my TV, and the other to the 480p/1080i input of my TV. This way I can play a non-progressive game or a progressive game without having to change cables.

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
The point mike is trying to make is why don't you just used you 480p/1080i for both progressive and non-progressive sources.

It doesn't make sense why you would split it?!

Clayton_T

Grip
My Philips HDTV has one 480p/1080i input. It will not upconvert a 480i signal to 480p/1080i via this input. Therefore, I have to switch between inputs to view 480i material and 480p/1080i material.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Thats weird, I've never heard of that before, thanks for clearing that up, sorry if I seemed obnoxious

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks