What's new

Not another teen movie (1 Viewer)

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Have to admit that parts of it were pretty funny... Parts were stupid, but that type of movie is rather hit or miss... hehe...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Jamie Pressley...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
It's one of those Bad Movies that you'll forgive being bad if it happens to make you giggle. As someone who's seen basically all of the teen flicks, I consider this one a guilty pleasure. Despite the fact that the movie often wallows into the very stupidity it's meant to be mocking, I had a good time with it.
At last count, Not Another Teen Movie made $36,863,271 in domestic box office. IMDb reports the budget at $16 million, plus a healthy amount for advertising. (They hyped this one everywhere!) So it's certainly not a HIT, but the movie made some green.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If you know the films it's satirizing, it has some laugh-out-loud moments (including a wonderful unpublicized cameo near the end). Other parts suffer from Farrelly/Wayans syndrome, but they pass quickly enough.

M.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I want to see it just for the John Hughes spoofs...I grew up with those flicks, and love them dearly, that I'm curioius. Especially the Breakfast Club Spoof, that could almost be a re-make!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Despite the fact that the movie often wallows into the very stupidity it's meant to be mocking
That was my major problem with the movie. While it pretended to poke fun at the Teen genre...it came across as if it was just trying to ride the wave created by the films.

I definitely did laugh at moments though...so while I don't give it a positive review, it's definitely one to rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks