What's new

Not Another Teen Movie (Unrated Director's Cut) - July 26th, 2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

It says "Plus all the original bonus features," but notice that the two commentary tracks (filmmaker and cast), the teen movie factoids track, and the deleted scenes aren't listed. It also reads "Over 10 minutes of never-before-seen footage added back into the movie." That leads me to believe that it's not the deleted scenes on the previous disc because everyone has seen those scenes. However, if it's not those deleted scenes from the previous disc why do they appear to be removed from the extras section on this new disc? If Sony removed them from the extras section I figure it's because they added them back into the film. It would be pointless and kind of dumb to have those deleted scenes added back into the film and keep them in the extras section too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Wouldn't the phrase "plus all the original bonus features," make an itemized listing of all those same bonus features sort of redundant?

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

None that I'm aware of. I've been looking, but everytime I do a search I only come up with reviews for the original disc.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Not the way I'm interpreting that image of the back cover. If you notice, it says "PLUS all the original bonus features:", then proceeds to list the extras from the previous release. The colon, followed by that list, indicates to me those are the only extras being ported over. Of course, that's just my intrepretation.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Sony's website lists these features:

• Widescreen Presentation
• Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital), French
• Subtitles: English, French
• Filmmaker's Commentary
• Cast Commentary
• Teen Movie Factoids Track
• School's In Session 3 Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
• The Unrated Version of Marilyn Manson's "Tainted Love" Music Video!
• Joel Gallen's first short film "Car Ride"
• Test Your Teen Movie I.Q.
• Auditions Montage
• Meet the Cast Promos
• The Yearbook

I'll request a screener and write it up. Note that the recent extended cut of Tears of the Sun dropped the commentaries, so that is a possibility.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Well, looks like Ill get it for UMD instead, and pick up the old DVD for cheap somewhere else. Thanks for the link! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I just finished watching the Extended DVD. The 10 minutes of new footage is a mixture of new stuff and some of the deleted scenes from the previous disc. So far, there have been lots of extensions to scenes and dialogue changes. The "Love me!" voice-over has been changed to Fuck me! Harder!
When Randy Quaid drives away after dropping off Janey and Mitch at school you see the truck door (still connected to the truck) sliding on the ground causing people to run, jump, and fall out of the way. The cheerleader (that Randy hits with the truck) is in the bed of the truck. She stands up and is hit by a tree branch as Randy drives away.
Lots and lots of little bits and pieces added. I even noticed some different camera angles and at least one different song. The deleted scenes of Areola are added back in as is the Lacey Chabert/Can't Hardly Wait scene at the party where several guys are waiting in line to give her a letter. I was hoping the Breakfast Club scene with Richard Vernon (Paul Gleason) would be longer, but no such luck. There's also an alternate (and very hilarious) bit near the beginning of the end credits. In the original R-rated theatrical cut you'll remember it consisted of Randy Quaid saying he was going to have a "3-way" with a couple of pies. In this version Mitch, Bruce, and Ox are gathered at a table in a restaurant. They talk about what they've learned about love, sex, and teen films. I won't say any more, but it's very funny.
Plus, lots more.

ADDED: Another really funny bit is added when Jaime Pressly is introduced. She's s-l-o-w-l-y walking down the hallway to the tune of the Jawbreaker (1999) theme music when it cuts to the tour guide who says, "Why do hot girls always walk in slow-motion?" and then back to Jaime for a few extra seconds.

As far as extras, yes, the commentaries are gone. The trivia track and the deleted scenes too. I strongly recommend holding onto the original disc, but this Extended DVD is very much worth the money, IMO.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the review Scott! I don't care for commentaries so I am really glad I held out for this version! Should be in the mail either today or tomorrow. Can't wait!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Doesn't that kind of ruin the joke as it was set up by the dialogue that immediately preceeded that bit, or at least alter the tone of the joke? Ox said something like "Women just want to be loved" and then I thought the "LOVE ME, LOVE ME" was a spoof of what had just been said. The new line sounds less funny to me.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Yes, I think it works much better as "Love me!" too. With "Love me!", Ox was half-right. Women do want to be loved, but they have a different idea than Ox about what love is. The new line suggests that Ox doesn't have a clue what women want. They don't want love. They want....:D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Scott,

Thanks for going over the changes! I just got a screener yesterday and checked it out last night, so you beat me to the punch. Note that there are no deleted scenes on the new disc, so if they weren't all re-inserted into the film, then some are missing.

I don't have the original disc -- can you compare the A/V quality of the new one to it?

I may yet pick up the old disc at some point, since I love commentaries and trivia tracks. This movie really holds up well with repeat viewing, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks