Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Huh?

You lost me with that post. I'm confused. What does that have to do with what we've been discussing?

Edit: This is my post #12,345. Neat.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Not a lot at all. Bad Joke all around. Just having a little Disney World fun since I haven't been in a few years -- my kids loved Figment and I had to hear that song nonstop for years it seemed

The Lion King Print looks like the Animated Item not in reality, but with a little imagination -- squint a little, see a Lion in Profile, it says Lion King so it that looks a bit like Simba (or Daddy or pretty much any Male Lion) and you can pretend it's the Original.

Reactions: ManW_TheUncool

David Norman

Premium
Pretty week new set of rewards.
I haven't seen any new Free Point Codes yet

Hot reward
Disney's The Lion King Member Exclusive Print 400 -- this is a DMR Exclusive 30x20 Print, not a Poster. Pretty nice is you like such things

Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital Code 2000
Tangled Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack 1000
Enchanted Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack 900
Hocus Pocus DVD 600
Marvel Studios' Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Teaser Poster 750 -- same as last weeks Hot Reward, but now at regular point price.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Of course, almost nobody here is going to be into DVDs which are also available in HD. But 600 points for the DVD of Hocus Pocus is much more reasonably priced than either of its Blu-ray inclusive options are as rewards. Since it probably has a 100 point code in it, that makes the actual cost 500 once you get "reimbursed" by the code that's in it. So that's not too bad, although probably still just as easy to buy it. The funny thing, though, is that anyone who redeems it now wouldn't actually get it in time to watch it for this Halloween.

Ragnarok, Tangled and Enchanted are all good movies and things I would want to get if I didn't already have them. But I do.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here's the thing... The Hocus Pocus BR/Digital code version is $8.99 at Amazon right now. I'd much rather purchase that than use points for a DVD only release in spite of that being a pretty good point value. I don't use the digital codes, but do give them to my son for his family to use. With no kids at home I have little use for a BR/DVD combo set as the DVD would likely never see use - and that version is just over $12 currently at Amazon. And even with that I could snag the BR/Digital and a used DVD copy for a buck or two over that ~$12 price so...

I don't get the logic for their point prices...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Ragnarok was already available as a 2000 point reward for the 4K+BD.

The new one is the BD+DVD and is also 2000 points.

So, the only reason anyone should go for the BD+DVD is if they really need the DVD. I don't even have plans to go 4K and I would still take that over the DVD, just in case, for the same point value.

Reactions: Osato

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This isn't actually related to Disney Movie Insiders, but it is Disney and it's free, so I figured it would be just as well to post it in this thread as to create a new one.

The Walt Disney Family Museum is offering a free making-of book about Snow White now through 10/31. They will charge $5 to ship it using media mail, but the book itself is free. Limit one per customer. Link below for those interested.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This isn't actually related to Disney Movie Insiders, but it is Disney and it's free, so I figured it would be just as well to post it in this thread as to create a new one.

The Walt Disney Family Museum is offering a free making-of book about Snow White now through 10/31. They will charge $5 to ship it using media mail, but the book itself is free. Limit one per customer. Link below for those interested.

Technically, this is NOT a Disney Movie Insiders thread.....

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Technically, this is NOT a Disney Movie Insiders thread.....
Right. But all of the Disney related discussion in here thus far has been about that program. So what I meant was to distinguish the Snow White promotion from being related to that program.

But it's a nice freebie they're doing.

The book is $23.99 on Amazon, so getting it for only $5 shipping is a substantial discount.

Amazon product

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
pretty nice of them

For anyone interested and essentially only available through the Museum -- this s a slightly modified version of the original DVD that was updated and edited for release by the Museum. Not super expensive and I think quite nice for any Disney superfan to have in their collection

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Looks like the promotion has ended early but thanks just the same for sharing.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Looks like the promotion has ended early but thanks just the same for sharing.
The email I got this afternoon said it would be available through Halloween or while supplies last. I guess this means they ran through their allotment for the promotion faster than they expected to.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There have been a lot of free Disney codes lately that are expiring today or soon. Although lots of these have been posted here already by either myself or @David Norman, I thought it would be helpful to compile them into one post so anyone who missed some has a chance to enter these without having to dig back through the last several pages of the thread. Most of these expire either at the end of today or tomorrow as far as I know. They are one-time use, so if you already entered them when they were originally posted, you won't be able to redeem them twice. But here is the running list so far as I can tell.

20 Points MUTANTS exp 10/31
20 Points DISNEYHITS exp 12/31
20 Points AVENGERSASSEMBLE exp 10/31
20 Points MARVELMANIA exp 10/31
5 Points SKELETON exp 11/01
5 Points CANDYCORN exp 11/01
5 Points SWEETS exp 10/31
13 Points 31NIGHTS2020 exp 11/02
5 Points OOGIEBOOGIE exp unknown

If I did my math right on this and didn't forget anything, these all should total 113 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: TravisR

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I could have sworn that The Avengers BD+DVD was already there around launch time too. Weird.

In any case, I'm perfectly happy to continue saving my current points for this week as I already have all of those movies.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobO'Link

David Norman

Premium
Before I checked my list I thought it was as well, but with all the various Marvels they all run together after a while.

Avengers 4K set and the DVD were available

Age of Ultron 4K and the BD/3D set

Infinity War 4K

plus all sorts of variations of Captain America, Ant-man, Black Panther Iron Mans, Guardians and Thors

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niloc