David Norman

Premium
I may pick up the Rey funko. Will these be up on Wednesday??

Should be active Noon ET Wed -- apparently teh new DMI is going to be doing a Wednesday deal every week at least for a while. I don't think anyone knows if this is a Re-Introductory series of special somethings for 2-3 months or they'll do this long term.

If you are really interested in teh FUNKO I'd suggest being ready and on the computer fairly early. None of these FUNKO things have seemed to last very long and the Star Wars toys never seem to last even at higher point levels.
Last week there was a bit of a computer/server overload -- nowhere near that first week, but it took me 45-60 minutes to get my order for the StarWars poster to go through.

Reactions: Osato

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Finding Dory 3D arrived. The digital code included offered the option of Movies Anywhere or directly from several listed providers. I was able to redeem the code on iTunes directly, which then gave me a 4K digital copy rather than the HD digital copy that MA was offering.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Finding Dory 3D arrived. The digital code included offered the option of Movies Anywhere or directly from several listed providers. I was able to redeem the code on iTunes directly, which then gave me a 4K digital copy rather than the HD digital copy that MA was offering.
Good to know. Did the 4K transfer over to MA afterwards?

David Norman

Premium
Free 12 Points -- PUMPKINPIE

New Rewards: October 14 -- a bit of an unexpected surge of unannounced items.

Marvel Studios' The Avengers Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 2000
Incredibles 2 Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 1300

A Bug's Life Blu-ray + Digital Code 1250
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital 1800
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray + DVD 1200

Spooky Buddies DVD 500
Haunted Mansion DVD 500

UP Teaser Poster 800
The Nightmare Before Christmas One Sheet Poster 750
Marvel Set of 4 Mini-Posters 850 -- interesting they put this link up when the 500 Point Discounted Item is still live
Beauty and the Beast Teaser #2 Poster 500 -- I guess that also explains the BatB Poster next to UP in the preview. They put the wrong item up in the preview though I like the other one better.

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Funko Pop! Rey 400

Tales From the Haunted Mansion Vol 1 and II 900 -- I got these during the clearance sale last year and have to say they are pretty decent little books. I wish they'd put a V 3/4 bundle up.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hocus Pocus is now running about $8.99 at several stores. So that feels particularly overpriced as a reward. Why spend 1800 points to get something you could just buy for less than $10?

Also, keep in mind that the Blu-ray+DVD release of Hocus Pocus for 1200 is the earlier barebones Blu-ray. The Blu-ray+digital release from a couple years ago is the only one with bonus features.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Any of the DVD above 500 or Blurays above 1000 (esp 2000 ) don't make a lot of sense to me, but it's not my points.
I agree. I've used it to get Blu-rays frequently, but usually when I do it, they're more expensive in store. If I had bought The Lion King on 4K at a store here, it would've been $30 for the sixth or so time I would've been buying that movie, as opposed to $8.99. So for Hocus Pocus, the disparity between the number of points you'd have to spend and the price of the item at a store is extremely high.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I agree. I've used it to get Blu-rays frequently, but usually when I do it, they're more expensive in store. If I had bought The Lion King on 4K at a store here, it would've been $30 for the sixth or so time I would've been buying that movie, as opposed to $8.99. So for Hocus Pocus, the disparity between the number of points you'd have to spend and the price of the item at a store is extremely high.
I find that true of most rewards programs, from credit cards to retail stores to movie studios.

• Agreed
Reactions: Jake Lipson

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Free 12 Points -- PUMPKINPIE

New Rewards: October 14 -- a bit of an unexpected surge of unannounced items.

Marvel Studios' The Avengers Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 2000
Incredibles 2 Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 1300

A Bug's Life Blu-ray + Digital Code 1250
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital 1800
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray + DVD 1200

Spooky Buddies DVD 500
Haunted Mansion DVD 500

UP Teaser Poster 800
The Nightmare Before Christmas One Sheet Poster 750
Marvel Set of 4 Mini-Posters 850 -- interesting they put this link up when the 500 Point Discounted Item is still live
Beauty and the Beast Teaser #2 Poster 500 -- I guess that also explains the BatB Poster next to UP in the preview. They put the wrong item up in the preview though I like the other one better.

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Funko Pop! Rey 400

Tales From the Haunted Mansion Vol 1 and II 900 -- I got these during the clearance sale last year and have to say they are pretty decent little books. I wish they'd put a V 3/4 bundle up.
Picked up the Rey funko.

2000 points is a lot! I have most of the Disney titles I want at this point. Not sure how many more discs from Disney I will buy going forward. Probably just Star Wars ones from here on out.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
If I had enough points I would’ve picked up the avengers. Not films I watch that often but I’ve picked up the other 2 they offered in 4k. I also found endgame on clearance at target this summer. So I have most of them now.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If I had enough points I would’ve picked up the avengers.
Well, you should still be able to whenever you save up enough points. The Blu-rays rarely seem to sell out unless it's a heavily discounted one, so I expect that to be there for a while.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Well, you should still be able to whenever you save up enough points. The Blu-rays rarely seem to sell out unless it's a heavily discounted one, so I expect that to be there for a while.
Good to know about titles.

I just don’t know what other titles from Disney I’ll be buying.

But who knows maybe I’ll end up buying 5 copies of hocus pocus on 4k Blu ray.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
But who knows maybe I’ll end up buying 5 copies of hocus pocus on 4k Blu ray.
Two things:

1) If you do that and then decide you don't need five, you'd always be welcome to give one of them to me. ;)

2) Being serious for a second, you would not be able to redeem five different codes for the same edition. Their rule is one code per movie per format/edition. For example, if you bought the same title on DVD and then again on Blu-ray and again on 4K, you would be able to enter those codes because they are separate versions of the same title. If you buy multiple copies of the same edition of the same title, you would only be able to enter one of those codes.

Your points should keep though. Usually, in order to maintain an active account, you have to sign in and enter a code or redeem something at least once a year (and bonus point codes count do toward this.). However, due to the pandemic they have relaxed that policy and points will be there permanently for the time being. This has never been a problem for me anyway because I can't imagine going a whole year without buying a Disney movie.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Two things:

1) If you do that and then decide you don't need five, you'd always be welcome to give one of them to me. ;)

2) Being serious for a second, you would not be able to redeem five different codes for the same edition. Their rule is one code per movie per format/edition. For example, if you bought the same title on DVD and then again on Blu-ray and again on 4K, you would be able to enter those codes because they are separate versions of the same title. If you buy multiple copies of the same edition of the same title, you would only be able to enter one of those codes.

Your points should keep though. Usually, in order to maintain an active account, you have to sign in and enter a code or redeem something at least once a year (and bonus point codes count do toward this.). However, due to the pandemic they have relaxed that policy and points will be there permanently for the time being. This has never been a problem for me anyway because I can't imagine going a whole year without buying a Disney movie.
Disney likes their rules don’t they?

Don’t spend too much $ on the same title or we will throw you out of the movie club. : )

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think they want to make sure it's not dealers buying up tons of discs and then reselling them or stripping them of the codes as Redbox used to do. This seems fair, and has always been their policy going back to when the program was still called Rewards.

The Movie Club is something different then Disney Movie Rewards/Insiders altogether.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
OK... these "little" 5 pointers show to apply on my account but *never* show up in the total (everything else immediately shows). I can enter them several times without an error but they never add in. They *do* show in my account history as having been entered. Very odd...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ab1979