David Norman

Premium
Just out of curiosity, I checked and the website still says my order of The Lion King is "currently in process," even though it's sitting right here next to me on my desk.

So essentially there is no mechanism to track anything on the website no matter how long after shipment you look for it.

Oh well.

Not really. The only order I have the says anything different is the single ROS Poster that I did get the email notification.
Just received another 8 posters this afternoon -- not a single dispatch notification, tracking number and none of them triggered USPS Inf Del. The DMI Order still say processing for 11 of the 12 delivered items

I just manually looked at the tracking and it was also weird that the 4 items I got Sat all shipped 9/23, the 8 today shipped 9/23, 9/26, 9/28, and 9/29

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Lion King finally showed up today. Shipped 9/25, just like Dumbo, with the same strange route.

Back on my Sony rant.....

I went to register my codes for 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street this evening. 22 Jump Street went through without a hitch. 21 Jump Street came back with an error - "This disc is not eligible for redemption. Please browse the list for eligible discs."

So I did ----
SonyRewards.jpg

Isn't that 21 Jump Street on 4K Blu-ray in the lower right corner?

• Haha

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As usual for Mondays, the Facebook page has revealed what new rewards Disney will add this week on Wednesday.

The Hot Reward for 400 points looks to be a set of Avengers mini-posters with drawings rather than official art from the movies. I doubt this one will be as popular as Finding Dory was last week.

New movies listed include Black Panther 4K, A Wrinkle in Time 4K, and the Blu-ray+DVD of Jon Favreau's Jungle Book. Specific point values aren't given for each, but it says they are between 1,250 and 1,325 points. I'm going to guess that the 4Ks are pricier, but who knows? I got The Lion King in 4K for 1,250 a couple weeks ago, so their prices are all over the place.

There's also a WALL-E poster with just the character against a white background, which isn't the one I remember from its theatrical release. And a discount for Sonos. I'm not sure what that's about.

Because I am still waiting on Brave and Coco to arrive and boost my point levels back up, I'm glad to see there's nothing I feel like I need this week.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
As usual for Mondays, the Facebook page has revealed what new rewards Disney will add this week on Wednesday.

The Hot Reward for 400 points looks to be a set of Avengers mini-posters with drawings rather than official art from the movies. I doubt this one will be as popular as Finding Dory was last week.

New movies listed include Black Panther 4K, A Wrinkle in Time 4K, and the Blu-ray+DVD of Jon Favreau's Jungle Book. Specific point values aren't given for each, but it says they are between 1,250 and 1,325 points. I'm going to guess that the 4Ks are pricier, but who knows? I got The Lion King in 4K for 1,250 a couple weeks ago, so their prices are all over the place.

There's also a WALL-E poster with just the character against a white background, which isn't the one I remember from its theatrical release. And a discount for Sonos. I'm not sure what that's about.

Because I am still waiting on Brave and Coco to arrive and boost my point levels back up, I'm glad to see there's nothing I feel like I need this week.
The Wall-E poster was listed as a Teaser in those Hidden Links from week 1 (before they were removed)

The Jungle Book (2016) Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital Code 1325
A Wrinkle In Time Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 1250
Marvel Studios' Black Panther Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 1250 -- there was also an early link for a 400 point version that never showed up so I don;t know if they cancelled that or it's scheduled for later.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Wall-E poster was listed as a Teaser in those Hidden Links from week 1 (before they were removed)
What hidden links?

I doubt they would release Black Panther at 1.250 and then discount it later. That just seems more likely to annoy the people who redeem it at 1,250. So they probably decided against using that as a sale item.

Plus, the movie has had such an extra boost of publicity lately given Boseman's tragic passing (R.I.P.) that they really don't need to discount it to move copies. I'm sure it will be a very popular reward at full price anyway.

David Norman

Premium
What hidden links?

I doubt they would release Black Panther at 1.250 and then discount it later. That just seems more likely to annoy the people who redeem it at 1,250. So they probably decided against using that as a sale item.

Plus, the movie has had such an extra boost of publicity lately given Boseman's tragic passing (R.I.P.) that they really don't need to discount it to move copies. I'm sure it will be a very popular reward at full price anyway.
The first week, there were about 40-50 links that you could find by manually searching the URL's. The first week the links were active and you could add them to your cart, but at the last step Submit order the site would say Expired or Reward Not Available. After the first day or so, DMI pulled all those links as people started calling/emailing them about why their order wouldn't go through. Nobody was sure if those were inactive b/c those were old leftover DMR items that hadn't been purged, items that just didn't exist, or most thought they'd be future items, So far most of the items added 9/23, 9/30, and it appears 10/7 came from those items. A couple of the items changed point values before they went live, but the items were the same.

Black Panther 4K was listed in those HOT REWARDS previews leading up to the reopening, but never went live even though the link was there along with the higher point value link. Nobody was sure if they were saving it for later or more likely they changed their mind about having it for 400. I'm sure you're right that they won't have it for the lower value anytime in the near future anyway.

If you want to look ahead for future items here are some fo the other items that were hidden. Note -- point values are speculative since they've already changed several of them higher before they were listed. A couple items had dual listings so my hope is those will be Hot Rewards one week and then a regular listing at normal value later (like ROS Post and Finding Dory 3d)

Marvel Studios' The Avengers Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 2000
Marvel Studios' Black Panther Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 400 -- guess this item was cancelled
Incredibles 2 Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 1300
Incredibles 2 Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 400

Marvel Studios' Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital Code 2000
A Bug's Life Blu-ray + Digital Code 1250
Frankenweenie Blu-ray Combo Pack 1000

COCO Final One Sheet Poster 800
UP Teaser Poster 800
Inside Out Final One Sheet Poster 750
Marvel Studios' Guardians Of The Galaxy Final One Sheet Poster 750
Beauty And The Beast Teaser #2 Poster 500
Marvel Studios' Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Teaser Poster 750
Marvel Studios' Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Teaser Poster 400

Marvel Studios' Black Widow Funko Pop! Yelena 750
Marvel Studios' Black Widow Funko Pop! Black Widow in White 750
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Funko Pop! Finn 750 (this item was 400 last week and sold out so I'd expect this to pop back at some point)
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Funko Pop! Rey 400

Last edited:
  • Insightful

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And a discount for Sonos. I'm not sure what that's about.
25 points gets you a coupon code for $100 off the purchase of a Sonos Beam soundbar, a Sonos 3.1 Entertainment Set, or a Sonos Surround Set Plus when ordered directly on the Sonos website, plus a code from Sonos after purchase for a free 6-month Disney+ subscription.

• Insightful

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
After e-mailing Sony Rewards with my issue registering 21 Jump Street, I received an e-mail back from them today asking me to call them because they did not understand what my issue was. So I called, but they had no record of me sending in any screenshots of the issue. The agent then tried to tell me that I was entering the wrong code, and that the MA code was not my rewards code, as the rewards code was on the reverse side. I had to remind her that I was calling Sony Rewards and not Universal, which is the only movie studio rewards program that issues separate digital copy and rewards codes. I then asked to speak with a manager - none were available, and she insisted that she would have a manager call me back. I told her that I've heard that many times before and have never received a call back, at least not from a manager. We mutually ended the call at that point and I called back to speak to another agent. Apparently, the first agent manually gave me 45 points for the disc and a "punch" on my Movies Buff Pass without advising me. I did ask the agent how that fixes the issue, though, since it is only a Band-Aid for me but not for the many others trying to register this disc. He then hung up on me.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think of doing that but will check in a bit.

At the moment, I'm a little annoyed.

I put the code into Movies Anywhere to redeem the digital copy, which worked just as it should. Then when I took it over to Disney Movie Insiders and entered the same code to receive points, it said, "This code has already been redeemed." It should give me the digital copy at Movies Anywhere and also the DMI points at that site. They know where I got the code, because I literally got it from them. So I guess I'll have to write to them about it.

This is annoying.
I did this tonight with the avengers and mine worked for both rewards and MA

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Brave (ordered September 28) arrived today from Disney. Again, its arrival was unannounced by either a shipping email or USPS informed delivery. On the website, it is still listed as in process even though it is literally sitting right next to me on my desk as I am typing this.

That's an eight-day turnaround. My previous order of The Lion King took nine days. Since I ordered Coco the day after Brave, I hope and assume it is probably on the way too.

David Norman

Premium
I've gotten most of my 15+ 1st week orders now (at least the first attempt) -- 1 is still outstanding, 1 damaged poster that needs reshipment, and one incorrect item that needs replaced. Out of 14 delivered items, I have gotten one dispatch email and that's the only item that isn't listed as pending in my order history.

I did actually get notification from USPS Informed Delivery of 2 shipments coming from Menasha WI this morning which I'm assuming are the replacements since they're starting from a different Post Office than any of the other items

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Nothing new for me this week on Disney. Hopefully, though, Finding Dory that I ordered last week will be here this week.

David Norman

Premium
Free Points Code REDEEM - 25 PTS

NEW REWARDS 10/7/2020
A Wrinkle In Time Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 1250
Marvel Studios' Black Panther Blu-ray + 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code 1250

The Jungle Book (2016) Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital Code 1325
The Nightmare Before Christmas 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack 1200

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Poster 1500 -- Unexpected, but might be the most interesting of the new items. Note several people appear to be got "unavailable' at the last submit step so possibly save for later if you get blocked
Wall-E Teaser Poster 800
Marvel Set of 4 Mini-Posters 400

Mulan Backpack 2000
Mulan Ball Cap 800

SOLD OUT IN THE LAST COUPLE DAYS
Pixar Short Films Collection Vol. 1 Blu-ray Combo Pack 925
Marvel Studios' Black Panther Teaser Poster 750

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Two things from Disney today:

1) As I suspected, Coco arrived in today's mail, right on the heels of Brave yesterday. As with the others, its arrival was not announced via a shipping email or tracking and is still "in process" according to the website.

This means I have now received all three orders I placed since the return of the physical rewards. You would think they would develop a way to redeem multiple rewards in the same order, as it would probably save them some shipping. Granted, in my case, I redeemed them on consecutive days. But still.

2) When @Josh Steinberg suggested asking them if they would give me the 2-disc set of Iron Man as a make-good for sending the single-disc version last year, I got an email saying they needed more time to look into my issue. That was eight days ago, so I replied with a follow-up to ask if a decision had been made yet or not. I received another email assuring me that they would respond when they had more to share but are still looking into it.

Frankly, this sounds like they're saying no without wanting to annoy me by saying no. Either they'll give me the set or they won't, so I'm not sure why that should take over a week to figure out.

Because they have it in stock and it would cost them nothing to give it to me, I would just do it if I were them. They can see from my point history and having three consecutive recent redemptions that I buy a lot of stuff from them. But the longer it takes them to decide, the likelier I think it is that they're just not going to answer it, which is a no by default.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's Monday again, so Disney has posted on Facebook about new rewards available beginning on Wednesday morning.

The weekly Hot Reward discounted to 400 points (from 750 regular) is a Rey bobblehead with blue lightsaber.

New movies listed are A Bug's Life on Blu-ray and The Avengers in 4K. This is the now-out-of-print variant of A Bug's Life released in November 2016 that is a Blu-ray Disc only + digital HD code edition with no DVD)

A Bug's Life.jpg

Posters show the teaser for Beauty and the Beast (2017) and Up. I'm not really sure what to make of this because this poster for Beauty and the Beast was available at launch a few weeks ago and is still listed as available for 500 points on the site. So I'm not really sure why it's listed with the new rewards for this week unless maybe they are offering a different size beginning this week. The one currently available is the full 27x40 theatrical release version.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Presumed Points Cost
UP Teaser Poster 800

I'm not sure about the BatB posters, but I bet it's the current item. It;s almost like they had some stock photos with UP on it that just
happened to have BatB also so they used it instead of making a new pic,

I wonder how many unannounced items they'll have this week.
I did get a 2nd Dispatch Email today from an item I ordered last Wed. It's due to be delivered tomorrow so better late than not I guess.
That's 2 dispatch emails for 23 orders I think, plus CSR did send me emails when my 2 replacement items shipped -- one on the dispatch day and the other a few days later.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
All three of my orders have now arrived, so I'm not expecting anything for a while. It would be nice if they would get back to me and give me the two-disc Iron Man Blu-ray as a make good, but since they still haven't responded to that I doubt that will happen.

I decided, out of curiosity, to check their records. The Lion King, Brave and Coco suddenly now have tracking information listed within their system, which of course is completely useless because it wasn't posted there until after I had already received all of those items. It confirms that all of them started from Glendale Heights. Lion King ordered 9/23 shipped on 9/25, Brave ordered 9/28 shipped 10/1, and Coco ordered 9/29 shipped 10/2. So pretty much it's a 2 day wait time between order and shipment, and then another 7-9 days to get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osato

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Presumed Points Cost
UP Teaser Poster 800

I'm not sure about the BatB posters, but I bet it's the current item. It;s almost like they had some stock photos with UP on it that just
happened to have BatB also so they used it instead of making a new pic,

I wonder how many unannounced items they'll have this week.
I did get a 2nd Dispatch Email today from an item I ordered last Wed. It's due to be delivered tomorrow so better late than not I guess.
That's 2 dispatch emails for 23 orders I think, plus CSR did send me emails when my 2 replacement items shipped -- one on the dispatch day and the other a few days later.

I may pick up the Rey funko. Will these be up on Wednesday??

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ab1979