What's new

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Back to the Disney+/DMI linking issue -- finally after 6 weeks and 3 chat sessions (last a couple weeks ago) I THINK my old D+ email acct has finally been transferred to my
DMI Email so it appears to be just in time for the OCT 50 point bonus which should register and OCT at Midnight and post in the first few days of Nov.

Each time I chatted they'd load a few free days of subscription in the DMI Email temp acct (30 days the initial then 7 days the 2nd and 3rd time) and promise in 3-5 business days all the assets would transfer, but it never happened until today. Now the old D+ email address appears to be dead/not recognized and the original 2 profiles have been transferred inot the New Acct (along with my remaining 2 weeks from the 3 year $4/month Charter Sub). Now to decide if I re-subscribe to some version of D+ after mid Nov.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
NEW DMI HOT REWARD -- NOV 2, 2022 at Noon ET

HERCULES 25th Anniversary Pins
400 Points

abe8ef98-201e-48fe-bdf8-efcc76455e9f.jpg

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Day of the Dead -- FREE DMI POINTS
Code: DIADELOSMUERTOS -- 30 Point

Also for those who have their D+ linked to DMI, there appears to have been some sort of glitch last night and multiple people got emails about their accts being UNLINKED literally just a few hours before the Oct 50 Points were supposed to be locked in. I had to relink mine at the last minute so hopefully after all the trouble getting the accts linked, the point will actually deposit in a few days. Some people say theirs were added last night, but most are waiting. One place says -- the first week of the month, another says be they 3rd, so we'll see.

I'm really waiting for the fireworks when hordes of angry customers bombard CSR with complaints that the unlinking caused them to miss points. I'm sure CSR will add those manually at some point or possibly just sent everyone 50 points who had the accts linked at any point in the month.

It's always something

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This is much better - Universal has now added the movies for November:

21 Grams (HD)
Blues Brothers 2000 (HD)
The Boss (HD)
The Boss (Unrated) (HD)
Cowboys & Aliens (HD)
Cowboys & Aliens (Extended) (HD)
Doom (4K)
Doom (Unrated) (4K)
Neighbors (HD)
Hanna (HD)
The Croods (4K)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This surprised me a bit when I checked tonight. This book seemed to be pretty steady all day and even picked up a little in the evening

Net Stock Available
170 80 15 A Walk In The Wood: Meditations on Mindfulness with a Bear Named Pooh
Started around 1000 so pretty impressive for a nearly 1000 point title. [UPDATE: 11/3 7:45 pm ET]

Other low/low-ish stock items
SOLD OUT Incredible Journey DVD -- last call

17 Art of Turning Red (Book) -- continues to be a steady seller so a chance this doens't make it to see next Wed.

25 Wreck-It-Ralph Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital Code -- another 4-5 days maybe
27 Disneynature: Bears Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital Code -- redeeming a bit slower than Ralph, but still a few per day in general -- ??2 weeks left

This item is almost a year old now and hasn't really been selling all that rapidly even in the SALE category (maybe 15-20 per week), but suddenly today almost 35 redeemed. I wonder if 2022 Ornament triggered some folks to look at last years. Honestly these are pretty nice looking and the TukTuk was my least favorite of the orignal 4. I don't know if today was just an anomaly or if it's a new level.
80 SALE: Disney Movie Insiders Holiday Ornament Pin 2021 - Raya and the Last Dragon: Tuk Tuk

The SOUL item which I liked better still has a little over 500.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For folks with linked DMI and D+ accts -- my OCTOBER points points within the last hour so if you're expected the 50 point bonus, it's worth checking. The 3rd of the Month
was the day the T&C said was the goal for point to post so at least for now I'm good. Now to decide what to do when my 3 yr Charter signup expires in a couple weeks -- do I renew
or not?

I'm also interested to hear what happened to those that got unlinked Monday Night by Disney and didn't know until Tuesday morning that they needed to relink the accts
Lucky I noticed the Email around 11pm ET Monday and relinked before the 3am ET cutoff, but I'm sure many didn't get so lucky

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I also got my Disney+ monthly bonus 50 pts today, but like you, I did relink the same night (probably w/in a couple hours) IIRC.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks, David!

Just got my passes for this at the AMC Lincoln Square (in Manhattan) -- presumably, it's for their giant IMAX screen in 3D there. :D Better hope and pray I'm over my mildly flu-like cold by then... :P

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I would not assume 3D unless it is specified on the ticket. The premium screen in my area has both 2D and 3D screenings scheduled.

I can't imagine they'd just do such a screening in 2D, especially in that venue... unless they somehow messed up or something (and/or not actually using that giant IMAX screen, which seems highly unlikely since it's apparently not booked for anything after Black Adam at 12:30 while the Dolby Cinema screen is booked all day for One Piece Film Red).

But either way, doesn't really matter that much to me whether it's 3D or 2D. Usually, I prefer 2D anyway, particular for the 1st time I see something... unless it really is a must-see in 3D.

Bigger issue will be whether I'll have actually kicked this cold (w/ occasional very nasty cough) by then... :lol:

_Man_

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks