What's new

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
See David's post of titles.

Also, you can click on a title to see what resolution it is supposed to redeem as without commiting to that title (it will show at the bottom of the small box the title is shown in) and then hit the back button on your browser if you do not want that title.

Right. I just took another stab at redemption to check for myself (just as you indicated) -- it's just that you can't really check (on Movies Anywhere side) w/out committing to a redemption on Universal's rewards site (and receiving the needed MA redemption code).

Yes, I saw David's earlier post, but he didn't seem certain about which titles are confirmed to be in 4K.

I went ahead and redeemed The Guest in 4K (after checking the various selections of interest). I might do the same for Bourne Identity in 4K.

Thanks!

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Right. I just took another stab at redemption to check for myself (just as you indicated) -- it's just that you can't really check (on Movies Anywhere side) w/out committing to a redemption on Universal's rewards site (and receiving the needed MA redemption code).

Yes, I saw David's earlier post, but he didn't seem certain about which titles are confirmed to be in 4K.

I went ahead and redeemed The Guest in 4K (after checking the various selections of interest). I might do the same for Bourne Identity in 4K.

Thanks!

_Man_
Universal is strange, in that while they force you to choose a single title from their site, the Movies Anywhere code they provide is actually good for any movie on that month's list (although Universal will not allow you to choose that movie again for that month). So, let's say I went to the Universal Rewards page and selected Van Helsing. I then enter the code that Universal e-mails me on the Movies Anywhere redeem code page, and that brings up a page of all available movies for that month. I am not obligated at that time to redeem Van Helsing - I can choose to redeem Devil instead. However, if I decide later that month that I want to redeem points for Van Helsing, I will have to choose a different movie from the Universal Rewards page in order to get a MA code from Universal.

That is how David and I were able to confirm what was 4K and what was HD by redeeming a single code for something we knew we wanted regardless of what resolution it was.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry for being late, but been driving in the mountains the last couple days and just got back tonight. Unfortunately a couple of these already sold out, but I'll list them just in case they come back -- or for those keeping a list

NEW DMI REWARDS -- October 5, 2022
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Mystery Blacklight Pop! - HOT REWARD 400 SOLD OUT
Art of Coloring: Hocus Pocus 800
$5 Disney Gift Card eGift: Frights and Delights 450 SOLD OUT (may temp)
$5 Disney Gift Card eGift: Villains 500
Hocus Pocus Spell Book 750 SOLD OUT
$5 Disney Gift Card eGift: Mickey and Minnie Happy Halloween! 400 SOLD OUT (may be temp or maybe a similar item will go up tomorrow.

As listed above some FREE Points today
COACHMAN -- 10 points
WINIFRED -- 25 Points
Monthly Email code -- 25 Points

Probably tomorrow will be the 3rd Hispanic and Latin Code and expected one more next week

If you aren't receiving any of these monthly email unique codes, the 2 most common issues appears to be Spam Filter and many folks have the DMI ALLOW Email COMMUNICATIONS turned out. I missed the first early code b/c I'd turned off emails a couple years ago since it was never anything useful. They also can come quite late -- mine for October hasn't shown up yet and the one last month was almost Midnight

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If you aren't receiving any of these monthly email unique codes, the 2 most common issues appears to be Spam Filter and many folks have the DMI ALLOW Email COMMUNICATIONS turned out. I missed the first early code b/c I'd turned off emails a couple years ago since it was never anything useful. They also can come quite late -- mine for October hasn't shown up yet and the one last month was almost Midnight
I had all email communications turned off (didn't realize I had done that). I changed my setting for DMI only to "subscribed". I left all others at "unsubscribed". Hopefully I will begin receiving the emails now. Thanks. :cheers:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had all email communications turned off (didn't realize I had done that). I changed my setting for DMI only to "subscribed". I left all others at "unsubscribed". Hopefully I will begin receiving the emails now. Thanks. :cheers:

Hopefully it will come for this month, but when I changed mine it ended up the next cycle. If you're a bit more adventurous than I am, you might even open a chat with DMI and ask for a favor. Just be truthful about not realizing the emails were off and that DMI was now offering monthly bonuses. If you ask if they can push a code for this month it wouldn't shock me if they just add 25 pts to your account.

Now that you mention it I think that;s the exact reason I turned ALL emails off. There was a time it remember getting 6-8 per day average and some days up to 20 emails from all their various services. So far when I reactivated it only turned on the DMI email.

The only friend I have nearby who participates in DMI and DMC said his came around 11pm tonight. Mine still is MIA so hopefully tomorrow

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I have had a few conversations with Disney Movie Insiders reps in the past. They do have the ability to add points to your account if appropriate. I've always gotten the emails. But earlier this summer one of my movie ticket submissions didn't go through so asked about it. The representative was able to see my submission and that the points didn't post due to an error. So he just credited the appropriate number of points as "bonus points" and added them to my account immediately. He was very nice about it. I don't know what they would say about the emails situation, but in general I have found the people who work for DMI very helpful. So it is certainly worth a try.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
NEW DMI HOT REWARD -- OCT 12 starting Noon ET

At least no ambiguity this week.
Halloween Mickey Hat
400 points

93894783-6161-4b58-9443-018cd9227394.jpg

CURRENT POINTS -- I think all still active for now
OCTOBER NEWLETTER -- Free 5 Points
COACHMAN -- 10 points
WINIFRED -- 25 Points
Monthly email Code -- 25 points if you received (mine still hasn't shown up though I check and sure enough my Receive Email was listed UNSUBSCRIBED and I have no idea how/when that would have happened)

2022 HLAHM Heritage Month Code:

Codes expire 10/15/22 at 11:59 PT
MIRABEL 25
LACIENEGA 25
MIGUEL 25
VALENTINA 25

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Low Stock Rewards -- likely to sell out this week
Number listed is the net available stock (Total - minus the Ringfence/holdback)
These all have pretty low Ringfence numbers so it seems unlikely there will be much of a second chance

6Finding Nemo 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Combo Pack + Digital Code
20Art of Coloring: Hocus Pocus
3Marvel Studios' WandaVision Logo Ball Cap
8Turning Red Meilin Lee Funko Pop!

The last item seems to have been around for a long time at a small discount (Feb 2022) and full price since Aug 2021 -- only redeemed about 100 at the lower point value. An odd duck in that it they left both listings active at 750 and 850 points,. The SALE price item still has a RF of 20 and has been at 5 or less for weeks now. There also appears to be nearly 500 left at the 850 point value so this could easily be re-listed in some for or another, pulled completely, or shifted the SALE category with a permanent point decrease.
1Summer of Soul Theatrical One Sheet Poster

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This book preview seems to be getting a lot more positive posts than most of the recent items so if you want this reward, I'd strongly suggest showing up just before noon ET on WED and be ready. Luckily it's not very expensive if you want it and miss out.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... that Disney Parks book's still available, but it's just paperback though and no idea what it actually looks like inside, etc.

I just now sprung for the fleece throw instead -- probably still quite some available.

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... that Disney Parks book's still available, but it's just paperback though and no idea what it actually looks like inside, etc.

I just now sprung for the fleece throw instead -- probably still quite some available.

_Man_

Blanket now Sold Out. About 500 of the books remain.

5:30pm ET -- Book down to around 80 copies so highly unlikely it even makes 7pm, much less Midnight

7pm ET -- SOLD OUT

The Amazon link in the Monday Preview does have some pictures in the review section. About 200 pages, luckily it's only $13-14 or so at WM or Amazon (surely will be cheaper over time), but the reviews are generally quite good and the few highlighted pages look pretty interesting. It would be a no Brainer for a HardBound, but even as a paperback I decided to get it (and the blanket) -- big week I figured using a 1200 of those 3K free points from teh last couple years was pretty cheap.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Apologies for falling down on the job last night -- I don't think I saw it until after Midnight

DMI put up a MOVIE PREMIERE Code abotu 7pm ET last night WAKANDA for 50 points, but it expired sometime overnight (3 am ET probably). I'm not sure I've seen a 6-8 hr Code before, but may explain the value. I'll list it here just in case they reactivate it or for folks that like keeping track of how many Free Points DMI gives out.

I also don't remember a 50 point Freebies recently -- not counting things like linking accounts, Bonus points from seeing a movie 1st week.
I did find a Happy New Year codes were 50 points and Happy Birthday for 100 points through 2015 and then dropped value in 2016 when they "Updated' the whole site..

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Four more days to redeem points for these movies on Universal:

The Bourne Identity (4K)
Devil (HD)
Nobody (appears to be HD)
Riddick (HD)
Riddick (Director's Cut) (HD)
Friday Night Lights (HD)
Drag Me to Hell (Unrated Director's Cut) (HD)
Drag Me to Hell (HD)
The Guest (4K)
Fast & Furious 4 (4K)
Mama (HD)
Milk (HD)
Van Helsing (4K)
The Bone Collector (HD)
The Purge Election Year (4K) -- rewards page shows HALF BAKED, but when you go to the MA page it appears to be Purge Election Year
Pitch Perfect (4K) -- doesn't appear to be on the Rewards page, but it is on the MA Redemption page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks