Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's important to note that Dory will only be 400 points through 10/6, as it is the discounted "hot reward" this week. After 10/6, it will be regularly priced at 2,000 points. So if anyone else wants that one, it would be wise to do that order sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up the 3D Finding Dory too. I’ve never seen it and I actually am in a small minority of folks who didn’t enjoy the first one...
I am a fan big fan of both. But I think whether you will like it depends on what you didn't care for in the first film. I'm not going to get into spoilers, but Dory is the lead character of the sequel; contrary to what its name might imply, it's not a rehash of the first one where she is the missing fish. Marlin and Nemo return in significantly reduced supporting roles because you can't really make a Finding Nemo sequel without them. But it mostly surrounds Dory with new characters and a completely different situation. So you might actually like it better depending on how you take to the new characters and refocusing of Dory as the lead.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks, all! I too jumped on that Finding Dory combo pack. Had meant to get it for a long while, but never quite got around to it before... partly because it's generally considered a lesser Pixar in my household and partly because there's Disney+ now after it being on Netflix before...

The inclusion of 3D is a bonus I wasn't originally looking for, but I guess it's one more title to my short list that might eventually nudge me just enough to finally get some glasses, especially now that I have a better FP and anticipating a dedicated HT room setup in the near-ish future...

_Man_

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Still no word on when or if my previous orders have shipped
As I'm sure you know, the email that comes after you finish checkout says the following. Emphasis mine:

Disney Movie Insiders email said:
Visit the My Rewards page to check the status of your redemption. Please allow 4-5 days after reward redemption for tracking information to become available on the site and app. Please note, certain rewards are shipped without a tracking number. Check the reward description for this information.
It's not clear, but I wonder if they mean that they won't send shipping confirmation at all if the item doesn't have a tracking number. That doesn't make sense, though; in the previous system before the rebranding, I never got a tracking number on anything but I did get emails confirming that the shipment had been sent out.

My first order was last Wednesday, a week ago, so even with their allowance of five days, there should be some update on it. But it still says that it is "in process" and hitting "Track order" is useless.

The other two orders that I did over the last two days, I'm not really concerned about yet, but it is weird that the one from last week hasn't had something happen.

I guess it will just be a surprise when they show up.

I depleted my points stash significantly to get these three titles, but I know there are 500 points waiting for me to redeem when the orders get here. The two Pixar titles will be 150 each and The Lion King will be 200 since it includes the 4K disc. I'm anxious for them to get here not only to have the discs but to be able to redeem those points. I've had Finding Dory since it originally came out, so getting it for 400 points is irrelevant to me. But I hope the next time they have a hot reward that I want, I actually have the codes in there to get it. If I could somehow be credited automatically for the points that I know will be in my redeemed movies, then I would already have enough.

We'll see.

Reactions: Osato

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It's not clear, but I wonder if they mean that they won't send shipping confirmation at all if the item doesn't have a tracking number. That doesn't make sense, though; in the previous system before the rebranding, I never got a tracking number on anything but I did get emails confirming that the shipment had been sent out.

My first order was last Wednesday, a week ago, so even with their allowance of five days, there should be some update on it. But it still says that it is "in process" and hitting "Track order" is useless.
I used their chat support today and was told that it can take 2-4 weeks for an order to arrive and that they are aware that the website is not updating orders when they ship. When I asked about my two specific orders from last week, I was told that they have shipped and that my shipment notification e-mails were resent. I told the agent that I never got the first shipment notification emails, and the one's she had just resent had not come over either. I was then given an excuse that they are seeing delays in those e-mails arriving in customers' e-mail inboxes, but they were resent and that I should be receiving them "shortly."

As for shipments possibly not having a tracking number, I can see where that may be possible. Previously, Disney used a third party to actually deliver their packages to the post office, and the third party tracking numbers I was given on my orders were often quite useless, as packages would seem to vanish into a black hole while awaiting their USPS tracking number.

David Norman

Premium
So far all 4 items I've received have had tracking numbers and when I manually checked they were tracked all the way through the system.
I only got email notification of one item shipping. More concerning to me is that the tracking numbers aren;t populating into the USPS Informed Delivery systme like normal and USPS is not notifying me of acceptance at the beginning, middle, local PO or Delivery. I'm used to some of the intermediate stations being skipped, but almost always I get an initial station and local PO/Delivery scan either early in the process or occasionally after delivery, but at least some point.

DMR/DMC and now DMI are also using OSM shipping which starts at a different city, but eventually hands off to USPS for me in York, PA.
I had one package sent OSM with a Priority Shipping label instead of Parcel Select/Media Mail like all the others.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
I got the Blu-ray only version of Ultron for 400 points or so as my last reward before the site changeover, when they were having that blowout clearance sale to get rid of stock before the transition.

Did yours ship yet @Osato? Or did you just order it now?
I ordered it on 9/28. It’s still showing as in process. No shipping notification yet. If there is one?

• Appreciate

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Based on what everyone has been saying, I guess it's just going to be a wait and see and be surprised when these things show up then. I'm not really a huge fam of that approach, but it is ultimately free stuff being sent to us. If these were discs I were actually paying money out of pocket for, I'd be a lot more upset about not being able to know where they are at all times before receiving them. Because they are free, I'm willing to give Disney a longer leash on this.

I'll give it until about the middle of October for my recent orders to arrive before I contact Disney in regards to their whereabouts. The next Blu-ray that I have pre-ordered that I'm paying for is Back to the Future own the 20th. It will be interesting to see whether I have that before the stuff I recently ordered from Disney or the other way around. If it's the latter, then that would be when I think there is a big enough problem to contact them. That should be plenty of time.

Also, they responded to me on Monday saying that they needed more time to look into my email regarding Iron Man. I'm not sure what they need to look into, since either they'll give me the upgrade or they won't, so it should be a fairly simple result either way. I guess I'll give them to the end of the week and then ask if they have reached a decision, if I haven't heard on that by next Monday.

David Norman

Premium
The 400 pt Finding Dory 3D set appears sold out of the sale allotment.
Almost immediately, DMI put up it's full price 2000 pt listing. Seems a bit questionable, but it does say While Supplies Last and it seems pretty obvious they have a set amt of the Hot Rewards items. At least with a couple of the prior Sold Out rewards, they waiting a week before 'restocking' them

Finding Dory Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack + Digital Code 2000 pts

Must be beyond my edit period, but the Black Panther poster in yesterday's post is not SOLD OUT and is still on-site for 800 pts

• Insightful

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Lion King (ordered last Wednesday, September 23) just arrived in the mail. No shipping notice or tracking was ever sent at all, and as David mentioned, it didn't register as a "package" for USPS Informed Delivery either. So its arrival today was a complete surprise.

If they keep up with this rate, maybe I'll get Brave and Coco late next week.

David Norman

Premium
The Lion King (ordered last Wednesday, September 23) just arrived in the mail. No shipping notice or tracking was ever sent at all, and as David mentioned, it didn't register as a "package" for USPS Informed Delivery either. So its arrival today was a complete surprise.

If they keep up with this rate, maybe I'll get Brave and Coco late next week.

Did you run the tracking number on USPS -- where did the movie originate? Oak Creek, Glendale Hts or a different starting place

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I didn't think of doing that but will check in a bit.

At the moment, I'm a little annoyed.

I put the code into Movies Anywhere to redeem the digital copy, which worked just as it should. Then when I took it over to Disney Movie Insiders and entered the same code to receive points, it said, "This code has already been redeemed." It should give me the digital copy at Movies Anywhere and also the DMI points at that site. They know where I got the code, because I literally got it from them. So I guess I'll have to write to them about it.

This is annoying.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I didn't think of doing that but will check in a bit.

At the moment, I'm a little annoyed.

I put the code into Movies Anywhere to redeem the digital copy, which worked just as it should. Then when I took it over to Disney Movie Insiders and entered the same code to receive points, it said, "This code has already been redeemed." It should give me the digital copy at Movies Anywhere and also the DMI points at that site. They know where I got the code, because I literally got it from them. So I guess I'll have to write to them about it.

This is annoying.
If your Rewards program is linked with Movies Anywhere, MA automatically redeems the reward points for you.

• Appreciate

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If your Rewards program is linked with Movies Anywhere, MA automatically redeems the reward points for you.
You are right. Thanks. I've never noticed that before. But they're in there, so that's good. Thanks.

Did you run the tracking number on USPS
It was shipped from Glendale Heights on September 25 at 8:37pm. That was two and a half days after I ordered it. It says the shipping partner was "One Stop Mailing," which I've never heard of before. Then USPS took possession of the package on September 28.

I ordered Brave on Monday, so if they were able to ship it at the same speed, it's probably already on the way without a confirmation too. Theoretically, Coco would be going out today since that was a Tuesday purchase.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
\
It was shipped from Glendale Heights on September 25 at 8:37pm. That was two and a half days after I ordered it. It says the shipping partner was "One Stop Mailing," which I've never heard of before. Then USPS took possession of the package on September 28.
2 things -- the one Informed Delivery notice I did get was on the item that went through Glendale Hts, IL so that doesn't seem to be the deciding factor

I was wondering if the movies would go through Glendale since that's where many of my DMC Movie orders ship through -- some also come from Kenosha/Neenah if they go direct to USPS and aren't routed via OSM
The posters so far have all come through Oak Creek WI so it appears those two warehouses or shipping departments may be separated.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Dumbo DVD/BD combo arrived yesterday, shipped 9/25 from Glendale Heights, IL and taking a bizarre route:

Glendale, IL ---> Denver, CO ---> Las Vegas, NV --> ---Los Angeles, CA ---> Reno, NV ---> Hawthorne, NV

Normally, packages travel from Las Vegas to Reno, then to my local PO. Why it had to take a detour to Los Angeles is beyond me.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Just out of curiosity, I checked and the website still says my order of The Lion King is "currently in process," even though it's sitting right here next to me on my desk.

So essentially there is no mechanism to track anything on the website no matter how long after shipment you look for it.

Oh well.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I called Sony once again regarding their stagnant list of FREE movies, and was told once again that that list is supposed to update every month. I told the agent that the current list is the same collection of 15 movies from at least July, most likely even older than that. I also pointed out that I already own 10 of the 15 movies in that list, and have no desire to watch the other five on the list that I do not own. In addition, I pointed out that Universal at least changes out their list of FREE movies every 90 days (I didn't tell her that for the most part they have been pretty crappy movies of late).

She said that she was expediting my case. We shall see.

I do urge everyone to call Sony Rewards at (888) 715-7669 and let them know you are not happy with the stagnant list, either. Or at least complete the e-mail form at https://www.rewards.sony.com/contact.html.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shredhead1260