What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Iron Man single disc BD and 2-disc BD are the same point value of 1100.

This one is a particular sore spot for me. Back before the changeover to the Insiders format, I redeemed points for the single-disc version of Iron Man because that was all that was available at the time. Then, about a month later, they started offering the 2-disc version for, as you noted, the same point value. That seemed wrong to me, but of course I couldn't have those points back to get the 2-disc version.

I would like to see those additional extras, but I'm not really sure if it is worth another 1100 points just for those since I already have the single-disc version. Of course, the 2-disc version is out of print now, having been released by Paramount prior to Disney's acquisition of Marvel, so it's not like I can go buy a new copy cheaply either. And because it is a Paramount release, I won't get a DMR code in it to boost my point value back up if I do redeem it.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This one is a particular sore spot for me. Back before the changeover to the Insiders format, I redeemed points for the single-disc version of Iron Man because that was all that was available at the time. Then, about a month later, they started offering the 2-disc version for, as you noted, the same point value. That seemed wrong to me, but of course I couldn't have those points back to get the 2-disc version.

I would like to see those additional extras, but I'm not really sure if it is worth another 1100 points just for those since I already have the single-disc version. Of course, the 2-disc version is out of print now, having been released by Paramount prior to Disney's acquisition of Marvel, so it's not like I can go buy a new copy cheaply either. And because it is a Paramount release, I won't get a DMR code in it to boost my point value back up if I do redeem it.
If you don't mind used - Decluttr has it for $5.59 + tax (free shipping):

I've had pretty good luck buying from them. They also maintain a MP store on Amazon if you'd rather deal with them that way (costs a bit more though):

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Two things:

-long shot, but try emailing them asking for an exchange. Just say you thought you were getting the two disc version and see if they’ll bite.

-if you decide to go for it, it’s worth it. The double disc versions of both Iron Man 1 and 2 offer genuinely substantial material that’s of a much higher quality and quality than the movies that followed.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
-long shot, but try emailing them asking for an exchange. Just say you thought you were getting the two disc version and see if they’ll bite.

That's a great idea. Thanks. But I did this back in maybe early 2019 before Endgame came out. If I had thought of it right when the 2-disc version came in stock, maybe they would have given it to me. But a year and a half later seems like a stretch.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Out of curiosity, has anyone who ordered a reward recently gotten a shipping confirmation on it yet?

My order from Wednesday has been received and is "in process," but I haven't been notified that it actually shipped yet. Obviously, this isn't urgent, but it would be nice to know about how long it takes for them to fulfill orders. I know that in the past before the year-long hiatus of physical rewards, they said it would be 4-6 weeks to receive an item but it never took anywhere near that long.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Very few people. From those that have received merchandise well less than 10% got shipment emails.

I made a dozen+ orders (all posters), I've gotten one shipment email for my first order -- the ROS poster. Hopefully will be delivered tomorrow since it hit the regional distribution last night just before Midnight. Usually within 24 hrs it's sent along to my local PO though it could wait until Monday

I did receive one other mystery package from DMI a couple days ago, but never got dispatch notice. It popped up on my USPS Informed Delivery panel out of the blue last weekend. Unfortunately it was the wrong item (FUNKO instead of Wreck it Ralph Poster)- correct invoice was included and order number, but it wasn't an item I ordered. Somewhat more interesting is at least one other person received the exact same FUNKO instead of the same Wreck-It Ralph poster so my guess is the FUNKO was in the wrong bin at the warehouse and the packer just looked of the location and didn;t cross check with the Item Name. Sent DMI a contact mail and they'd said they'd get back to me once they investigated the issue

The ROS Order Details says shipped and links to the Tracking
The WreckIt Ralph still says processing.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Both orders of mine "still in process" and the following message appears when I click on the Track Order button:

Your order is currently in process. Please check your Reward Redemption in your Member Account for the most current status of your order.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Mine is just like that too, Todd. I ordered on Wednesday this week.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good news -- 3 of my posters arrived this morning. One with a missing endcap, but poster seemed OK. This appears to be #1, #2, and around the 12th order I placed. The wrong item I received a couple days ago was around #11 and now 4 people have reported receiving the FUNKO instead of the Wreck-It Ralph Poster so something is apparently mislabelled in their warehouse bins with that item

Bad news -- I never got notification from Disney or USPS about 2 of the incoming though the tracking numbers have been active and
tracked all the way through after I entered them manually. Usually the Informed Delivery has been quite good in the past alerting me
as soon as the tracking number enters the system and especially after 8 scans at different steps.

NEW CODE
DISNEYWEEKEND -- 15 points

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Star Wars poster arrived. The tube it shipped in did not have caps on the end apparently....

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Star Wars poster arrived. The tube it shipped in did not have caps on the end apparently....

Always been an issue with DMR - no idea why they don't tape the caps. Reading the reports -- I bet at least 1/3 of the posters are missing 1 cap, but you're the first I've heard missing both.

It's been the 2nd most common complaint over the years only surpassed by them shoving the invoice into one end and damaging that edge of the poster. It seems the did get better most of 2019 at simply twisting the invoice a little tighter before putting it in the tube where it slides in without tearing the edge, then let it expand naturally. I'm surprised more people haven't gottne empty tubes as slippery as the posters are. Makes me thing the caps much be coming off pretty close to the end of the journey rather than in the middle.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the DISNEYWEEKEND code, David. I hadn't seen that one yet.

Unfortunately, It looks like after I enter the 200 point code that will come with the disc I ordered this week, I'll still need 304 points before I can redeem another one of the Blu-rays I'm looking at.

Of course, free stuff is free stuff, but especially considering that all of these are older catalog titles which are also available on Disney+ for very little money, I do think the Blu-rays they are offering are overpriced relative to their value. But then, Disney catalog titles always meet that description even in stores. So I guess it's really not surprising.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Emergency tip and a lot YMMV. If you redeemed most of your codes before the UPDATE in Oct 2019, some of the Magic Codes appear to
redeeming a second time. I tried a few and definitely not all/most, but I did find a couple out of 10 I tried that redeemed again.

I'm not sure I'd go through 100+ codes and try them all since no way to tell how Disney might react if you had several dozen dupes, but if you just need one code or two to push you over the top it might be worth a shot. Not sure if it's random or just specific titles, but Endgame 4K was reported a couple time. Willow and Big Hero 6 (?Format) were reported once each

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Emergency tip and a lot YMMV. If you redeemed most of your codes before the UPDATE in Oct 2019, some of the Magic Codes appear to redeeming a second time.

There is now a limit of five code entries per day for physical media products, so anyone who tries to do this should be aware of that. If you enter a sixth code in one day, I don't think it will take.

I don't know if Disney would actually know if you had several duplicates or not. My points history does not show any specific titles redeemed before the changeover. I had a code for Thor Ragnarok in there before the changeover, and then bought a new copy a few months ago. I was able to redeem the second one without any issues, even though I redeemed one for the same edition when it was still called Rewards instead of Insiders.

Also, I recycle the inserts with my codes in them after they are redeemed. So it wouldn't do me any good anyway as I no longer have them. But thanks for the tip. It would be nice if it worked for some people.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
There is now a limit of five code entries per day for physical media products, so anyone who tries to do this should be aware of that. If you enter a sixth code in one day, I don't think it will take.

I don't know if Disney would actually know if you had several duplicates or not. My points history does not show any specific titles redeemed before the changeover. I had a code for Thor Ragnarok in there before the changeover, and then bought a new copy a few months ago. I was able to redeem the second one without any issues, even though I redeemed one for the same edition when it was still called Rewards instead of Insiders.

Also, I recycle the inserts with my codes in them after they are redeemed. So it wouldn't do me any good anyway as I no longer have them. But thanks for the tip. It would be nice if it worked for some people.
The old Movie Rewards system had a limit (I think it was five codes per day) which was extremely frustrating. Especially if you placed/received a big order with Disney(R) Movie Club and wanted to enter the codes before you misplaced the cases. (Or forgot which codes you already had entered).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
You’re probably right but I figure there’s no harm in asking.

Well, I found the contact us form and submitted a request. Finding it took some doing because the layout of the Insiders site is not as clean and clear as the previous design when they were using the Rewards moniker. I tried to be as nice as possible, and blamed the year-long suspension of the rewards for the delay in asking about it. The auto response I got back said they will respond within two business days. We'll see what happens. Thanks again for the idea.

The old Movie Rewards system had a limit (I think it was five codes per day) which was extremely frustrating.

I was unaware of this previous limit, although I would never have gotten enough discs in one day to get near it. The largest number of Disney releases I ever got in one day was two. In that case, the previous limit of five per day has been restored.

If I got more than five discs in a day, I would just keep a list of which ones I had already entered and enter five more every day until they were all in there. Yes, it's annoying, but it doesn't seem like that big of a problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks