What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Field of Dreams

I'll probably grab that the next time I get a freebie.

Not much this week from Disney. The Hot Reward for 400 points is going to be the 2005 barebones DVD-only version of Cinderella, which was prevoiously listed when the program relaunched and then disappeared for a while. There's a book called Black Panther: The Young Prince by Ronald L. Smith for 850 points, and various styles of gift cards.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
NEW DMI for Feb 3

144412837_10157558800806852_6052133784517044238_o.jpg

Not new reward -- same book and point value it's been since September assuming they got the picture correct

143138950_10157558800781852_5665776920954475355_o.jpg

New Gift Cards -- I guess $5 and $10 variety
144205778_10157558800836852_7061590122190519991_o.jpg

Unless the unannounced new rewards are a lot more exciting this appears to be a catch your breath week after last weeks blowout. I'll be interested in seeing if those leftover items will stay live, go back to prior Point levels, or just get pulled.

As of this morning, here's what is left from last week's items
Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3 Blu-ray Combo Pack750
Alice In Wonderland Blu-ray Combo Pack600
Oz The Great And Powerful Blu-ray Combo Pack500
The Odd Life Of Timothy Green DVD-Final Few Sale675
COCO Final One Sheet Poster-Final Few Sale720
Frozen Teaser Poster-Final Few Sale720
Incredibles 2 Final One Sheet Poster-Final Few Sale675
Marvel Studios Thor: The Dark World Teaser Poster-Final Few Sale675
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Poster-Final Few Sale675
The Call Of The Wild Teaser Poster-Final Few Sale585
Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil Final One Sheet Poster-Final Few Sale450
The Personal History of David Copperfield Poster-Final Few Sale450
Zootopia Final One Sheet Poster-Final Few Sale450

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Universal updated their rewards page today with the following movies (all HD I assume):

Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Field of Dreams
U-571
Cowboys & Aliens
The Little Rascals Save the Day
Larry Crowne

Still no physical rewards, although oddly the list of "soon to be available" has been shrinking.

Field of Dreams redeemed in 4K.

I redeemed two movies and got 500 points back each for "purchasing" them digitally.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
UNIVERAL ALL ACCESS questions.

Like a dummy I never signed up for this thinking I already had it or the the old Universal program was still in effect.
So this week I finally got around to linking my MA and Univeral Accounts. Unfortunately that means all those BF Universal deals that I've already redeemed the digital won't give me Universal Points the easy way.

I did all the freebie point, redeemed the one special code in the BTTF 4K $10 boxset and tried to figure out how to UPLOAD Receipts -- 1st couple of receipts I uploaded were rejected, but since Universal doesn't tell you which receipt (or which item on the receipt) was accepted or rejected I'm left up in hte air,

From reading -- the receipts need Date of Purchase and UPC visible. Unfortunately BBY, Target, and Amazon online receipts don't have a UPC listed (DPCI, SKU, or nothing for Amazon). I did find one BBY packing slip from Nov I had thrown in a drawer that did have a Universal UPC listed and that appears to have been accepted. The rest of the packing slips I tossed since the online receipts is all that is needed for returns. I don't think BBY in-store receipts have the UPC either and Walmart instore receipts only have 11 digits of the 12 unless that's changed. Deep Discount invoices have all the information, but I realized 90% of my purchases there are Warner Products.

What's the solution to getting any of these old purchased items accepted for points? Well, I have a solution that may or may not be ethical though it likely follows the spirit of the rules.

1) Will Universal accept a std Invoice with a photo of the rear of the case showing the UPC?

2) Does that mean that any purchases from normal retailers are worthless for this program. I can keep packing slips going forward, but that is less of an issue since most of these would have digitals already which should automatically qualify for points.

3) Any idea of how far back Universal accepts Receipts for purchased items? BBY goes back to 2018, Amazon pretty much forever. Target around 3 years.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Like a dummy I never signed up for this thinking I already had it or the the old Universal program was still in effect.
So this week I finally got around to linking my MA and Univeral Accounts. Unfortunately that means all those BF Universal deals that I've already redeemed the digital won't give me Universal Points the easy way.

I did all the freebie point, redeemed the one special code in the BTTF 4K $10 boxset and tried to figure out how to UPLOAD Receipts -- 1st couple of receipts I uploaded were rejected, but since Universal doesn't tell you which receipt (or which item on the receipt) was accepted or rejected I'm left up in hte air,

From reading -- the receipts need Date of Purchase and UPC visible. Unfortunately BBY, Target, and Amazon online receipts don't have a UPC listed (DPCI, SKU, or nothing for Amazon). I did find one BBY packing slip from Nov I had thrown in a drawer that did have a Universal UPC listed and that appears to have been accepted. The rest of the packing slips I tossed since the online receipts is all that is needed for returns. I don't think BBY in-store receipts have the UPC either and Walmart instore receipts only have 11 digits of the 12 unless that's changed. Deep Discount invoices have all the information, but I realized 90% of my purchases there are Warner Products.

What's the solution to getting any of these old purchased items accepted for points? Well, I have a solution that may or may not be ethical though it likely follows the spirit of the rules.

1) Will Universal accept a std Invoice with a photo of the rear of the case showing the UPC?

2) Does that mean that any purchases from normal retailers are worthless for this program. I can keep packing slips going forward, but that is less of an issue since most of these would have digitals already which should automatically qualify for points.

3) Any idea of how far back Universal accepts Receipts for purchased items? BBY goes back to 2018, Amazon pretty much forever. Target around 3 years.
I've never used the receipt method. I only redeem the codes on the reverse of the MA codes inside the Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray discs.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

You may want to reach out to their customer service. They are a bit slow to respond, but in most cases have taken care of me when I've had codes that for one reason or another wouldn't take. They even helped me when I didn't get credit for a qualified digital purchase on Vudu.

https://myuniversalrewards.com/support

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You may want to reach out to their customer service. They are a bit slow to respond, but in most cases have taken care of me when I've had codes that for one reason or another wouldn't take. They even helped me when I didn't get credit for a qualified digital purchase on Vudu.

https://myuniversalrewards.com/support

I've never used the receipt method. I only redeem the codes on the reverse of the MA codes inside the Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray discs.

I looked the back of about 20 of my recent 4K and none of them had a code on the back of the MA slip. Do have a couple titles I could check or maybe a pic of one of those type numbers (or the paper with all the other info besides the number)?

I did find a couple older titles (THE MUMMY and one other) that had slips for the old UPHE rewards program, but those codes say they expire in 2018. I tried entering those just to see and just came up invalid.

I did send them a message a couple days ago, but so far no answer. The bluray.com thread is longer and a long list of issues with getting things to synch correctly, but some of the same issues with Uploaded Receipts being randomly allowed or rejected with apparently little rhyme or reason.

Honestly with only 5-6 redemptions eligible items every couple months, I'm not sure it's worth investigating too hard esp since I already have 5 of the current 6 offerings and The Little Rascals is at best a really low bar -- actually 4 of 5 now that they apparently pulled Larry Crowne after a couple days.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I gave up on receipts for Universal. I rarely buy movies in a store anyway, so most of my attempts were trying to get Amazon printouts or screenshots to work. I think I might have gotten one to work. I think I also got a lot of rejections because they were "fuzzy".

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I did find a couple older titles (THE MUMMY and one other) that had slips for the old UPHE rewards program, but those codes say they expire in 2018. I tried entering those just to see and just came up invalid.

I did send them a message a couple days ago, but so far no answer
Give them a few more days. Like I said, they have been kind of slow to respond, but when they do, they usually are very helpful. Unlike Sony....

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh well. Free is still free. I got a couple thousand points with the couple I got to take plus the 1000 from the BTTF Boxset special code -- still 3000 points sitting looking for something to buy. Forward, the points will likely be MA redemptions so putting too much effort in getting past one's to work is more "Just something to do" just for the sake of doing something

Nothing to get at Universal which seems to update a few titles every 2-3 months, I've scarfed up everything free at Sony which only updates 5-10 every 6-10 months, so Disney is still really the only truly active program though having a really off week.

I must say I'm 'shocked' that the Cindy DVD is still available

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I looked the back of about 20 of my recent 4K and none of them had a code on the back of the MA slip. Do have a couple titles I could check or maybe a pic of one of those type numbers (or the paper with all the other info besides the number)?

I did send them a message a couple days ago, but so far no answer. The bluray.com thread is longer and a long list of issues with getting things to synch correctly, but some of the same issues with Uploaded Receipts being randomly allowed or rejected with apparently little rhyme or reason.

Honestly with only 5-6 redemptions eligible items every couple months, I'm not sure it's worth investigating too hard esp since I already have 5 of the current 6 offerings and The Little Rascals is at best a really low bar -- actually 4 of 5 now that they apparently pulled Larry Crowne after a couple days.

I've put old expired Universal UltraViolet codes into I-Tunes and they redeem fine and then go in to Movies Anywhere (rg Holiday Inn). I'm not saying you'll get the rewards points but they did redeem.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've put old expired Universal UltraViolet codes into I-Tunes and they redeem fine and then go in to Movies Anywhere (rg Holiday Inn). I'm not saying you'll get the rewards points but they did redeem.

The expired codes aren't the UV codes -- these are separate codes were specific to the UPHE Rewards program that were only included in some Universal releases

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
For Universal, I submitted about a hundred receipts back in September and got points for a good majority of them. I had to label each e-mail response to keep up with them, but eventually got the points. Now I have 45,000+ points and no reward they have put up has been worth spending any of them on.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Universal just added a Dreamworks Fan Zone, separating out some of the point earning opportunities and rewards already available.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For Universal, I submitted about a hundred receipts back in September and got points for a good majority of them. I had to label each e-mail response to keep up with them, but eventually got the points. Now I have 45,000+ points and no reward they have put up has been worth spending any of them on.

If you used BBY, Target, or Amazon normal receipts, how did you get them to accept it without the UPC?
Did you take a picture with the receipt and Disc Case together, use some other method, or did your receipts
have the UPC listed.

Also -- if you did multiple uploads per day how did you know which was accepted and which were rejected? Neither the emails or Points history give me any clue about which were allowed and which weren't

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
If you used BBY, Target, or Amazon normal receipts, how did you get them to accept it without the UPC?
Did you take a picture with the receipt and Disc Case together, use some other method, or did your receipts
have the UPC listed.

Also -- if you did multiple uploads per day how did you know which was accepted and which were rejected? Neither the emails or Points history give me any clue about which were allowed and which weren't
They never asked me for the UPC. Most receipts were from Amazon. They were very slow to respond at first, and seemed to process them in batches. I received separate e-mails for those accepted and rejected. I have to say those rejected were from several years back, maybe even before they had a program. I had decided to take all of my Universal discs and submit them. They seem to have accepted most that were released in the last three or four years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks