What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A reminder for anyone who is considering them: the movie 2-packs that Disney added to the rewards catalog will only be available through December 31.

These include:

Toy Story and WALL-E Blu-ray + digital code (no DVD), 1500 points for both

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Ant-Man and the Wasp 4Ks, 2000 points for both https://www.disneymovieinsiders.com/reward/568373

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (original 2016 release) and The Last Jedi (2018 release) Blu-rays, 2000 points for both

Beauty and the Beast (2017) Blu-ray+DVD+digital and Saving Mr. Banks DVD only, 1350 points

According to their redemption pages, these will be available "until December 31."

Ant-Man and the Wasp is available in 4K on its won for 2000 points, so the 2-pack essentially gives you Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 for free. Guardians 2 does not appear to be available in 4K on its own as a reward. Toy Story is available on its own, but WALL-E is not. The Force Awakens is available on its own but The Last Jedi is not. Beauty and the Beast and Saving Mr. Banks are both available on their own, but I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of that particular double bill is.. People who want Beauty and the Beast on Blu-ray would likely want Saving Mr. Banks on Blu-ray as well, but the reward specifically indicates that Banks is DVD only. As far as I know, the individual rewards do not have a date by which they will expire, but the discounted 2-packs apparently will disappear on Friday. The reward pages clearly show two cases for each, so it appears you would get both individual releases and they would only be sent together; it's not a 2-movie collection in the sense of them sharing the same case.

Also, while scrolling through the rewards I noticed a Mulan poster that specifically mentions Disney+ and the premier access offer. This one is 13"W x 19" H rather than 27x40 full theatrical style. So I suspect the Soul poster which is tomorrow's Hot Reward might be the same. We'll soon see.

For those keeping track, the Funko Pop of Joe Gardner from the Soul World is now out of stock. The version of him which appears in his human body form is not sold out, so I guess the soul version of him was more popular last week.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The only reason I'm surprised about the Baby Yoda figurine selling out that fast is because it means people had enough points laying around in their accounts to afford it. I've never been particularly interested in high-end rewards like that anyway -- I usually pick a reward, save up the number of points required to get it, and then start over -- but having that many points available to use at any one time is foreign to me. I've been a member of the program for 14 years and I buy a lot of stuff, but I've never had anywhere close to that much at once. Still, it's a very nice get for the people who did have enough for it.

Good to hear that the Soul poster is full size. I don't have room for more posters than I currently have, but that's certainly a really nice reward, especially for that price tag.

David Norman

Premium
I'm not sure that many people had the points, but there were enough to sell out and have at least half dozen people who sounds like they were going to buy that clicked almost as soon as it went live and it was gone. I bet they only had a handful at most and possibly only 1-2. Its even possible they had none since nobody on Bluray.com cops to getting it

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Today's free Disney points code is "GODMOTHER". 3 points as usual.

Remember, the Merry & Bright promotional codes expire after tomorrow, so if you haven't entered them all you might want to do that. I think we are supposed to get one more tomorrow but I'm not 100% positive of that.

David Norman

Premium
NEW DMI CODE -- remember if you forgot any codes you can still enter old codes through tomorrow night. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 5 code per 24 hrs limit applies to these as well, so enter as many of them as soon as possible if you're behind

Merry And Brights codes Expire 01/01/21 at 11:59PM PT
Free Points Code --
12/7 FUNKO 3 pts.
12/8 TRIVIAFUN 3 pts
12/9 DREAMERS 3 Pts
12/10 CANDLES 3Pts
12/11 25DAYS2020 3pts
12/14 D23SWEEPS 3pts
12/15 BOOMBABY 3 pts
12/16 PASSION 3pts
12/17 SOULKEY 3 pts
12/18/2020 MANDO 3 pts
12/21 MUPPETS 3 pts
12/22 NEWSKILLS 3 pts
12/23 EMPORIUM 3 pts
12/24 KITTENS 3 pts
12/25 FAMILYTIME 3 pts
12/28 SPARKS 3 pts
12/29 CINDERELLA 3 pts
12/30 DISNEYPLUS 3pts
12/31 GODMOTHER 3pts
1/1/2020 HELLO2021 10pts

DMI December Newsletter 5 points through 12/31

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 5 code per 24 hrs limit applies to these as well, so enter as many of them as soon as possible if you're behind.

Fortunately, no. From the "enter code" screen, emphasis mine:

"Points will only be awarded for a maximum of 1 valid code per physical movie format and 5 valid physical movie codes in a 24 hour period. Bonus points codes are not subject to these limits. Visit FAQs for further details."

David Norman

Premium
Fortunately, no. From the "enter code" screen, emphasis mine:

"Points will only be awarded for a maximum of 1 valid code per physical movie format and 5 valid physical movie codes in a 24 hour period. Bonus points codes are not subject to these limits. Visit FAQs for further details."

Even better -- at least everybody can get the full 60 points (more or less) or so if they came in late.

I did find a couple people who reported being able to complete an order for the Sideshow Collectible.

Google Cache page at least lets you ogle a bit more details though the Sideshow site has about the smae information other than the DMI specific details -- a little fun even if you have no interest at all in the item.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The final Merry and Bright code is HELLO2021. This one is worth 10 points rather than the usual 3, but it can only be entered until 11:59 pm PT on January 1.

David Norman

Premium
New Rewards for 1/6/2021

Appears to be a restock of the previous Ta Da Card

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought Civil War was already available, so that seemed odd. Because the program has now been up and running for several months, slowing down with the pace of new items doesn't surprise me, but listing it as if it was kind of does.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I thought Civil War was already available, so that seemed odd. Because the program has now been up and running for several months, slowing down with the pace of new items doesn't surprise me, but listing it as if it was kind of does.
I think it was on Blu-ray.

David Norman

Premium
NEW REWARDS DMI Jan 13, 2021

Nice movies, nice price, note the DVD packaging if that bothers you

For those that missed it as a Hot Reward, it appears the MULAN book will be opened again -- easily worth 1200 points if this kind of thing interests you at all

Advertisement for currently available GC

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For those that missed it as a Hot Reward, it appears the MULAN book will be opened again -- easily worth 1200 points if this kind of thing interests you at all

I agree completely with @David Norman on the quality of this reward. It is my favorite thing I've ever gotten from DMR/DMI since their 2006 launch. It would also be worth the $33 that Amazon is charging for the same, but obviously free is better.

After the hot reward 400 points version sold out in a matter of minutes on December 2, it was replaced with a 1200 point version before, which also then promptly sold out within hours. So if you want to try to get one, I would advise setting an alarm and being on the computer ready to go as soon as the new rewards go live. I expect there will be a rush on it again.

Nice movies, nice price, note the DVD packaging if that bothers you

Amazon has this in both the shown DVD packaging and separately in Blu-ray packaging for $13.99 each. So if the DVD packaging does bother people, you can still get it for a relatively cheap price. Because it is not a new release (originally released May 15, 2012), it does not appear to be affected by Disney's ongoing feud with Amazon on newer titles.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I ordered the Soul USB drive. Disappointed that it's only 16GB, but then again most of my USB drives are either 2Gb and under or 32GB or over, so it will be nice to have something in-between. I have a feeling it is USB 2.0, though, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors