What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks. Like I said, I want nothing to do with the Cinderella cheapquels so obviously blocked it out of my head. But that's good to know.

As a non-DMC member, I would almost certainly use points to redeem DMC exclusives if they had the right title pop up at DMI for the right point value. Hypothetically.

David Norman

Premium
For what it's worth

Merry And Brights is now active. Unless otherwise stated and like prior years these should be redeemable through 1/1/21 in case you miss the excitement some day
Free Points Code -- FUNKO 3 pts.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Speaking of Funkos, one of the early emails back in September or so that announced the return of physical rewards featured what looked like Funkos of Ian from Onward and Olaf, in addition to a bunch of Blu-rays. All of those Blu-rays have shown up as rewards now, but Ian and Olaf have not yet. That's weird.

Also, Disney is thus far being a little less generous than in prior years. As I recall, all of these free points codes last December were for five points at minimum. Oh well; I still took the 3 points, and thank you for posting it since I hadn't seen that code yet.

Edit: No sooner did I post this than I saw this week's new rewards shared on Disney social, featuring the Olaf Funko as part of this week's 400 point Hot Reward. The picture also shows Anna and Kristoff. It isn't clear if the 400 points is for a set of all three or each individually. Also, it's a bit weird to have those three without Elsa or Sven.

Ian is still MIA though.

New movies this week are Santa Paws on Blu-ray and a Phineas and Ferb Christmas thing which looks like a DVD.

There are also new books, although nothing as exciting as the Mulan one from last week. From the picture it looks like Disney Maps and something called The Disney Christmas something or other. However, the maps book is obscuring the full cover of the Christmas book, so I can't certain the full title.

An Amazon search turned up the maps book, which is this. I can't figure out what the Christmas book is.

Amazon product
Fortunately, I don't need anything this week.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
New DMI Rewards 12/9/2020 Noon ET. Well so much for getting the jump -- I did this post nearly 2 hrs ago and forget to submit it. At least the forum saves the draft so I didn't lose all the work.

David Norman

Premium
Sony Rewards digital redemptions apparently updated for the 1st time in 8 months according to bru20 at bluray.com. EDIT -- it appears the last update was in April and the 1st time 4K titles were available

Holmes & Watson 4K
The Angry Birds Movie 4K
The Dark Tower 4K
The Possession of Hannah Grace 4K
The Star 4K
Zombieland 4K

Some of these are likely 4K as well, but confirmation is pending.
Alpha -- was 4K on the last list so probably still is
The Night Before -- was 4K on the last list so probably still is

Anger Management -- HD on last list
Surf's Up -- HD on last list
The 6th Day - HD on last list

Searching
Stuart Little
Don't Breathe
Grown Ups

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sony Rewards digital redemptions apparently updated for the 1st time in 6-9 months according to bru20 at bluray.com

Zombieland 4K
Holmes & Watson 4K
The Angry Birds Movie 4K
The Possession of Hannah Grace 4K
The Dark Tower 4K
The Star 4K

Some of these are likely 4K as well, but confirmation is pending.
Alpha -- was 4K on the last list so probably still is
The Night Before -- was 4K on the last list so probably still is

Surf's Up -- HD on last list
The 6th Day - HD on last list
Anger Management -- HD on last list

Searching
Stuart Little
Don't Breathe
Grown Ups
I checked this morning and it was the same old list. Checking the list above, it appears they added, what, 3 movies, and mostly Adam Sandler crap?

David Norman

Premium
Better than that, but it depends somewhat if some of the others are 4K or not, but new compared to prior lists or upgrade format

New titles -- checking my lists back to spring 2019

Holmes and Watson 4K (was previously HD)
Stuart Little
The Angry Birds 4K
The Dark Tower 4K (was HD previously)
The Possession of Hannah Grace 4K (was HD previously)
Zombieland 4K
The Angry Birds 4K (was HD previously)
Assuming it's still HD - Searching is an title, but it hasn't been on the list for a couple years

Don't Breathe -- if this is only HD, it was a reward sometime pre 2019. Actually it was available as a Disc redemption early on in the program.
Grown Ups -- I can't remember if it was available at some point or not. I think it was, but it's not on my list.

David Norman

Premium
I got The Star back in February, and it was only HD.

I'm not sure when it should have updated to 4K as a reward, but it was listed that way for most of the last several months. It was one of the 2 titles I was saving for last since I had the HD version already. I think I got the BD with Digital during some $3-4 Black Friday deal

Rechecking -- it appears I misread the date on the post for the updated titles which was around 4/15 instead of 1/15 which would fit with your HD redemption

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Merry And Brights is now active. Unless otherwise stated and like prior years these should be redeemable through 1/1/21 (expire 01/01/21 at 11:59PM PT) in case you miss the excitement some day. Hopefully the codes will increase in value as the month progresses, but free is free. 2019 most of the points were 5 pts, in 2018 it varied from 3-12 through the month

Free Points Code --
12/7 FUNKO 3 pts.
12/8 TRIVIAFUN 3 pts

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Better than that, but it depends somewhat if some of the others are 4K or not, but new compared to prior lists or upgrade format

New titles -- checking my lists back to spring 2019

Holmes and Watson 4K (was previously HD)
Stuart Little
The Angry Birds 4K
The Dark Tower 4K (was HD previously)
The Possession of Hannah Grace 4K (was HD previously)
Zombieland 4K
The Angry Birds 4K (was HD previously)
Assuming it's still HD - Searching is an title, but it hasn't been on the list for a couple years

Don't Breathe -- if this is only HD, it was a reward sometime pre 2019. Actually it was available as a Disc redemption early on in the program.
Grown Ups -- I can't remember if it was available at some point or not. I think it was, but it's not on my list.
1607454540863.png

Nearly everything on this list was previously available either on disc or digital. Grown Ups was previously available as a physical Blu-ray reward.

Holmes & Watson - the movie that people not only walked out of but demanded refunds from the theater box office. Sony asked me repeatedly if I wanted to review the film on Blu-ray, at one point begging me to review it (probably because no one wanted to).

Sony really needs to dig deeper into their catalog and offer some of their classics - they were doing that for awhile, as that is how I picked up Guns of Navarone.

David Norman

Premium
Yes, many/most have been offered in some form before.

The six 4K items I listed weren't available before as 4K so at least those 6 out of 15 are new upgrades. Holmes and Watson can't be defended at any resolution though apparently 10% of the people who saw it liked it,

Osato

Senior HTF Member
My copy of solo arrived for disney today. Odd thing it has a wal mart sticker on it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It looks like the Guardians Vol. 2/Ant-Man and the Wasp 4K bundle reward is the same price as rAnt-Man and the Wasp 4K by itself, which essentially gives you Guardians for free.

Why would they bundle Beauty and the Beast, which is a Blu-ray, with Saving Mr. Banks, which is a DVD? Unless DVD customers were future-proofing because Beauty and the Beast is a combo pack, that doesn't make sense. People who would want Beauty and the Beast In HD would presumably also want Saving Mr. Banks to be in HD as well. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors