not a white van ... but a white pickup truck...???

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Ted Lee, May 25, 2004.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

and it wasn't selling hi-fi gear ... it was selling meat.

guy comes up to me. his pitch is that he had an order, waited outside the house for 30 minutes but the owner was a no-show. since they had to offload the meat his boss "approved" him to go house-to-house to try and sell it.

pretty good one ... hadn't heard that one before.

on a side note, i'm pretty sure i would *never* buy consumable goods from a stranger. heck, i'm paranoid enough about food in the grocery store being clean and fresh.

at least the truck looked like it had some sort of refrigeration unit in the back. [​IMG]

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    There's a number of "fish trucks" that circulate around this region in the summer selling "fresh" seafood.

I've never bought anything, but know several people who have. They say it's good stuff.

3. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

The state of Minnesota just sued a company that sold meat out of the back of a truck. The company would travel locally and tell people that they ordered too much meat and their bosses gave them the 'ok' to sell the meat door-to-door. The state sued them on making a deceptive reason why they were selling the meat and the state won.

They came through our neighborhood a couple years ago. Something didn't feel right about buying meat this way. I told the guy that if it wasn't Schwans Foods that I'm not buying their meet from a truck. They told me it was better meat then Schwans. I chuckled and closed the door.

Paul

4. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Had the meat guys hit me up at my house. They came in a rusty pickup truck with a rusty freezer in the back of the truck, with the same line of having extra meat to sell at a discount OKed by their boss. I didn't even bother looking at the meat, as the appearance of their truck indicated to me that it was probably stolen.

J

5. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I'll take 3 pounds of Dogg [​IMG]

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

If the truck says "Anchor's Away seafood & meat" on the side track them down and crack-open your wallet. They have , seriously, the BEST sirloin that ever got carved off the ass-end of a cow. [​IMG]

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hmm...i guess the "to-go" meat industry is more prevalent then i thought.

garrett - did you really buy meat from someone off the street? you weren't worried?

8. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

My coworker had a similar experience.
    He tried to tell the guy his freezer was full, the guy offered to come in and MAKE toom [​IMG]
    He ended up buying some meat (he's notoriously cheap anyway) and he said it's absolutely the worst meat he's ever had, just disgusting stuff.

9. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Ah, but what happens when the BLACK pickup shows up with premium cuts of Craptui steak?? [​IMG]

10. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    If one ever comes to my door, I'll tell him.. I'm not hungry but I'm really interested in buying speakers!

Jay

11. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    What's next? A Japanese made pickup truck with a load of Kobe beef available at a huge discount? I don't think so! [​IMG]

12. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

craptui steak? lol...

now if the dude was offerin' kobe beef...i may have had to take him up on that. not that i know how to properly prepare it anyway. [​IMG] [​IMG]