What's new

not a white van ... but a white pickup truck...??? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
and it wasn't selling hi-fi gear ... it was selling meat.

guy comes up to me. his pitch is that he had an order, waited outside the house for 30 minutes but the owner was a no-show. since they had to offload the meat his boss "approved" him to go house-to-house to try and sell it.

pretty good one ... hadn't heard that one before.

on a side note, i'm pretty sure i would *never* buy consumable goods from a stranger. heck, i'm paranoid enough about food in the grocery store being clean and fresh.

at least the truck looked like it had some sort of refrigeration unit in the back. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There's a number of "fish trucks" that circulate around this region in the summer selling "fresh" seafood.

I've never bought anything, but know several people who have. They say it's good stuff.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
The state of Minnesota just sued a company that sold meat out of the back of a truck. The company would travel locally and tell people that they ordered too much meat and their bosses gave them the 'ok' to sell the meat door-to-door. The state sued them on making a deceptive reason why they were selling the meat and the state won.

They came through our neighborhood a couple years ago. Something didn't feel right about buying meat this way. I told the guy that if it wasn't Schwans Foods that I'm not buying their meet from a truck. They told me it was better meat then Schwans. I chuckled and closed the door.

Paul

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Had the meat guys hit me up at my house. They came in a rusty pickup truck with a rusty freezer in the back of the truck, with the same line of having extra meat to sell at a discount OKed by their boss. I didn't even bother looking at the meat, as the appearance of their truck indicated to me that it was probably stolen.

J

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If the truck says "Anchor's Away seafood & meat" on the side track them down and crack-open your wallet. They have , seriously, the BEST sirloin that ever got carved off the ass-end of a cow. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...i guess the "to-go" meat industry is more prevalent then i thought.

garrett - did you really buy meat from someone off the street? you weren't worried?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
My coworker had a similar experience.
He tried to tell the guy his freezer was full, the guy offered to come in and MAKE toom :laugh:
He ended up buying some meat (he's notoriously cheap anyway) and he said it's absolutely the worst meat he's ever had, just disgusting stuff.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Ah, but what happens when the BLACK pickup shows up with premium cuts of Craptui steak?? :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
craptui steak? lol...

now if the dude was offerin' kobe beef...i may have had to take him up on that. not that i know how to properly prepare it anyway. :rolleyes:;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks