What's new

Not a fan of HTB's but............. (1 Viewer)

Steve Adams

Second Unit
My dad purchased pioneer's htd 520. sounds pretty good for a htb. speakers are obviously it's weak point. but it has dolby digital, prologic 2 and dts. power output is better than the sony strde445 that it replaced. All in all, a good beginning system, or system that work good for someone like my dad who is not into the whole ht scene but wants a half decent system.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I have the HTP600 as a bedroom/computer system, and it does pretty good for it's price. I would have (actually i think i did), however, suggested one of the Pioneer packages that had a separate receiver and dvd player. The 725 package is worth the price you would pay for just the 811S receiver and 656 DVD video/audio player. It's also a 6.1 setup out of the box.
Depending on how much your dad paid, and where he got it, i would suggest giving the 725 package a look. I would even suggest the 600 package over the 520. I've never been a fan of integrated receivers/dvd players. I was able to pick up my 600 package (711 receiver, 353 dvd player, 5 speakers, sub) for $320 shipped on ebay.
Hope this helps :)

Steve Adams

Second Unit
I have the 810 myself, it's great. i was just saying that it was pretty good sounding considering what it is. I would never buy it. but, for someone wanting ease of use, and single unit installation, this is a great choice....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks