What's new

NOS4A2 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The series, adapted from Joe Hill's novel, premiered last night after the season premiere of "Fear the Walking Dead".

The big change seems to be that Vic's storyline all takes place in the present day, with her as a teenager, rather than multiple time periods ranging from a fairly young child to an adult with children of her own. Nothing in Vic's storyline explicited spelled out that it was set in the present day, but the scenes with Maggie in Iowa were, judging by the widescreen HDTV.

Interesting that Charles Manx's glovebox map has references to other works by Joe Hill and his father, including the Treehouse of the Mind (from Horns), the Pennywise Circus (from It), and Lovecraft Keyhole (from Locke & Key).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have never read the book, but watched the first episode. Don't really have any idea what's going on so far, but it was interesting enough that I'll watch the next episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This is a slow burn so far, but I'm enjoying it. Don't know that it would make the cut during the busier regular TV season, though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I really dislike the lead character in this, Vic. She's constantly creating drama with her family then as soon as things become a little difficult, she flees.

Hard to get into the show when you dislike the main protagonist.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'll be back next season, but hopefully this is a two-and-done. Any longer, and the show will just be spinning its wheels.

The first season finale ended where the book began. Presumably the second season will tell the 2012 part of the story, since the 1996 parts of the story were told this season (albeit set roughly in the present day). Ashleigh Cummings was playing eight years younger than her actual age this season, so if it jumps ahead a decade or so she'll only be playing a couple years older than her actual age.

I really dislike the lead character in this, Vic. She's constantly creating drama with her family then as soon as things become a little difficult, she flees.
Her father is an abusive alcoholic, and her mother is an emotional vampire. She didn't create the drama; she's survived it for eighteen years.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
This seems very similar to IT in terms of structure of the TV show. I hadn't realised who the writer of the books was until I started reading about the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard64
Recent bookmarks