Norwegian R2 Black Hawk Down has DTS sound!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KennethHiland, Sep 12, 2002.

1. KennethHiland

The Norwegian version of BHD from distributor SF Norge has DTS sound. Methinks my R1 copy is up for an upgrade
    Review (in Norwegian)here
    Roughly translated the sound description part of the review says:
    "In contrast to region 1 we also get a DTS soundtrack here. I listened to the DTS track, and have to say this is one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. The mix is brilliant, and very natural sounding. Speech is crisp and clear while the movie pounds you with directional effects that leaves you breathless. The Bass is incredibly deep with great depth and fantastic precision. You feel it as much as you hear it. The music is also very well presented alongside bullets flying, explosions, flames and helicopters, all this and you still hear, impressively clear, every empty shell hit the ground, and earth getting trown in the air.. This is a discrete DTS mix that shows off DTS to its fullest. Pure reference. There is also a DD 5.1 track included on the disc and that has been given raving praise on the region 1 edition. "
    Ecxtras wise this version seems to miss the trailer, but other than that the documentary from the R1 version is present alongside filmographies and some DVD rom content.
    I just thought I should let the Forum know that DTS for BHD is possible to get. If moderators feel this fits better in the regional DVD area feel free to move the thread.
    Kenneth

2. Jorma

Jorma Extra

Sounds like it's the same Scandinavian pressing we should get here in Finland.

3. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

For those in NTSC countries, Japan gets it in DTS on October 17.

4. luke cav

luke cav Stunt Coordinator

UK R2 gets DTS, and its the kick ass special edition version, which get released 16th September.

5. Quint van der Vaart

Quint van der Vaart Second Unit

Luke cav,
    How do you know that the UK Black Hawk Down gets a DTS track ??
    I read a review a little while ago on www.r2-dvd.org and they did not mention any DTS track.
    Can you give a source ??
    Thanx,