What's new

Norton Live Update Problem: LU1875? (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I did a search but didn't come up with anything here on the forum.

I did a general search on Google and found this appears to be some kind of trojan...? Symantec had a fix that I downloaded on their website. Re-booted the machine in Safe Mode as directed. Installed fix for trojan.abwiz and nothing happened.

While trying to run a LiveUpdate with Norton - I keep getting an LU1875 error message that doesn't allow me to obtain any further virus definition updates.

I installed the LiveUpdate manually via their website and even though I got the most up to date virus definitions - I am still unable to run the LiveUpdate automatically... and according to Symantec's website, this is indeed a trojan of some kind.

Has anyone else gotten this and if so, what did you do to get rid of it?? I also have SpyBot Search & Destroy - it detected nothing though.

Any ideas?

mylan

Screenwriter
No ideas but I too am getting this message. My computer had lots of spyware, etc. and a tech friend of mine cleaned it up, added RAM, and installed Mozilla Firefox as well as kept Internet Explorer as my default browser. I have wondered if the addition of Mozilla had something to do with it or if there was a conflict with Norton and a spyblocker he installed, called A squared (or cubed, forget which) had something to do with it.
Come on you computer gurus out there, any ideas?

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
From personal experience the first thing I would do is ditch norton completely, norton as popular as it is unfortunately isnt all that great, its pretty buggy and very bloated when it comes to efficiency and effectiveness. there are much better solutions out there that not only cost as much or are cheaper but also perform so much better. also I somehow doubt that mozilla had anything to do with this, ive been using mozilla since the old school days, I also suggest that if you really wanna use IE then install spyware blaster that will help you with your spyware issues. One other thing about Norton is that it likes to take over your system and can sometimes be a real pain in the arse to remove.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I know just after surfing the Internet and doing searches on the topic... it has happened to a lot of systems. I don't know to what degree I need to be concerned because I did update the files manually via LiveUpdate... and I'm pretty religious about insuring Spybot: S&D is updated a few times each week, as well.

Aside from this error message (and assuming there is something infected within my computer) for the most part *knock on wood* - my system itself appears to be fine. I haven't had any crashes... there's no lag time... it seems as it is operating at normal speed.

The error message though and the information about it on Symantec's website is enough to concern me though just a little. :)

No other ideas?

Kean-Hock Yeap

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, agree with Glenn's recommendation. That's how I solved that Live Update problem as well. Just make sure you unistall both NAV and the Live Update (appear seperately under Add/Remove Software) before attempting a reinstallation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks