What's new

Norton AV...Can It Only Be Installed Once? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
my bud installed norton antivirus (bought on cd-rom) on his computer and now he wants to delete his hard drive to do a clean install....will he have trouble reinstalling norton?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
short answer.

in my experience, with norton 2003, 2004 and 2005 he should have no issue.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
no he wont have any issues, but personally I wouldnt waste my time with norton, its about the crappiest piece of software ever. F-secure and AVG are thousands of times better and dont over take your pc when installed.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Diallo

Now how does that help for a guy who already spent $40 on it?

EricWilliam

Agent
no Dave, product activation is the BEST thing to come along because it keeps people honest..all it does is enforce the license agreement..

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
With regard to Windows XP, I think product activation is too strict. What if you have a PC and a laptop you would like to upgrade...would you feel happy about buying two copies of XP? Sounds like a bit of corporate greed. Perhaps Microsoft and others could reach a middle ground with customers by allowing one copy of their software to be installed on up to three different systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks