What's new

Northern Exposure Season 1 Release Announced (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Amazon likely cancelled the orders because the price was plastered all over the net, and they had thousands of orders to honor at that price. I'll keep my mouth shut next time.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

Well, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that my favorite TV show was being released on DVD until I checked the ads in yesterday's newspaper and saw the NE Season 1 set listed in both Best Buy's and Circuit City's ads. Wow. What a surprise!

The price IS a little steep, but it's worth it for good entertainment. I'm also very happy to hear about all of the extras on this set. I'd have never expected outtakes or deleted scenes from a TV series like NE.

But, then, I'm also a little disappointed. This show had a magical, "all the planets were in line" kind of feel to it, like they had something really special going on and knew it. I was really hoping for a new feature-length documentary with new interviews with the cast. I remember seeing or reading interviews with several of the cast members, and they mentioned that their roles on NE were their career favorites. It would have been great to hear and see them recall some of their favorite moments, how they felt when they first read the pilot script, etc. And, in a perfect world, producers Brand and Falsey and some of the cast could have done a commentary or two. But these are things that could still show up on future sets. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And didn't Peg Phillips [Ruth-Anne] pass away a couple of years ago? A little tribute featurette in her memory would have been nice, too. Maybe that's something for another season set. For this series, the secondary characters truly made the difference and raised the show to a higher level.

But I don't mean to sound mad or anything like that. The glass is certainly VERY full! I'm just happy that this show was released at all, and though I agree that the final season wasn't as good as the earlier to mid ones, I'll still buy the entire run if it's released.

mattl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks