What's new

Northern Exposure Season 1 Release Announced (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I agree about the $10 bit, but wonder what they have planned for packaging with subsequent seasons. I assume given the sales ranking this has had that more will follow - hopefully soon!

James Reader

Screenwriter

I guess the later (longer) seasons will be the same price but without the packaging.

Given Universals previous "Battlestar" packaging, it is possible NE may show up later in plain packaging for a lower price.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

While they ditched the head, I don't think they lowered the price.

The longer seasons are going to require a lot more discs, five minimum (DVD-18, 6 eps per disc) or seven at the current spec at 4 eps per disc.

I just noticed the price for this set has been cut in half in Canada! I just reordered it for $24.49 CAN. The US pricing looks the same as it was ($41.99) for now.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
TVShows on DVD has added a new news item listing a few more contents, including over an hour of deleted or extended scenes, and 40 minutes of outtakes plus behind the scenes footage. See the news for complete details.

Canadians will want to order this from Amazon.ca while they still have it for $24.49CAN for the set.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Heck, even non-canadians get a great deal over there! Placed my order immediately. Thanks for the tip!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It pays to keep items you ordered in your wish list. :)

I noticed the massive price drop while looking at other things. I'd originally ordered at $55!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Many, many thanks Jeff! ~$22 USD shipped is a helluva deal. Also, did you notice the release date? On Amazon.ca, the release date is May 4th.

On US site, the release date is May 25th. So not only did we get a better deal, we'll also get the set earlier.

Real Name
DELETED ACCOUNT
Is anyone sure that the Canadian version is the exact same as the U.S. version?

If you order at Amazon Canada (in theory) at $24.49 Canadian plus $7.99 + 1.99 shipping to the U.S equals
$34.47

After the exchange rate calculation the total is only:
$25.85

So it sounds like an excellent deal for people in the U.S. versus. Otherwise is costs $41.99 for Amazon.com in the U.S. to U.S. addresses with free shipping.

Has anyone tried to order from Amazon.ca to the U.S. and had success? It may be worth a try to save $15, am I right?

The price is a little higher than it should be for only two DVDs in my opinion.

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man great deal! I just ordered one:emoji_thumbsup: Guess what? Yesterday amazon.ca had another misprice the Police Academy box set all 7 flicks for only $13.99 canadian!! So far amazon.ca always honors misprices :D There's always a good deal to find on amazon.ca!!

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I see it's now listed as "not currently available". But will Amazon honour the orders that have already been made? They haven't cancelled my order...but that doesn't reassure me much 'cause the website is often very slow to update (in your account section).

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm positive the order will go through.I've ordered so many mispriced items on amazon.ca that they all went thru.Got Forever Knight for 30$ the real price was 75$.Angel season 3 for 38.99$ real price 58$ including many others...They were never cancelled.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Still following the Amazon.ca saga, I see that they have raised the price up to $41.98 (still well below the $55 I had originally ordered at) but it is still unavailable for order.

Just as an FYI for anyone worried about them shipping this at the cheap price, the best way to ensure they do is not to inquire about it. Even when they delist things, if you just leave the order alone they usually ship, but if you ask about it they'll tell you it isn't available and remove it from your order.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Indeed, Jeff. I've (almost) forgotten this deal, so it'll be a pleasant surprise if it shows up at my doorstep.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Got this today:

I assume everyone else's orders will be cancelled as well. It's back up for order at $41.99.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
This sucks... :frowning: I wonder why Amazon cancelled our orders for this DVD, when they've honoured other mispriced orders in the past?

There are TONS of DVDs coming out in the next few months that I really really want, and I have to spend my money wisely. I can't see myself paying so much for a 2 DVD set of a show I've never seen but am curious to check out. It's too bad - I think they're gonna lose a lot of sales... only die-hard fans will buy it at this price. What about introducing new people to the series? Don't they care about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks