What's new

North Shore non-going thread (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else watch this soap on Fox?

I think it's really good so far. Traditional, soapy, not trying to be hip. It's got the good old poor vs rich theme, and a good little half-lost romance between the two leads. It's starting to shape up the main storylines now too.

It'll probably be cancelled quickly since I like it.

/Mike

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Fox will likely keep it on through the summer, at least. Whether it sees a "back nine" pickup to take it through November and December is an open question. I gather the ratings are steady, which is the main thing Fox is looking for in these summer premieres.

As to the show itself... Man, it wants to be Las Vegas. I suppose it's a passable substitute, but almost every character seems like a less-attractive and less-interesting version of someone from NBC's show, and it doesn't quite have the "anything can happen" vibe Las Vegas does, either.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show has become a guilty pleasure, only in how inane the plots are and how bad the acting can be on the show. It's a trainwreck that I can't avert my eyes from on Mondays!

Don Black

Screenwriter
I agree that it's a complete LV copycat. Without the Vegas setting though, the plots are pretty bland. Half an episode dedicated to the Hawaiian "beach mafia" over a broken Sea Doo? Ugh. Still, I'll tune in for the summer just to see Brooke Burns.

Summerland has much better acting but a completely different target audience. NBC's upcoming Hawaii should provide yet another spin on the island.

Sheesh...what a little film tax incentives can do for a location, eh? :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
See, I like it better than "Las Vegas" because LV tries too hard to be hip and quirky (the camera work was seriously annoying to me), and didn't have enough ongoing storylines (at least when I watched it, stopped watching it after just a few episodes). I Like "North Shore" because it's a straight-up soap and nothing else.

/Mike

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7/12/04

Chyler Leigh looks weird with short hair. Way to go, Frankie for macking on it!

Amanda Righetti gets hotter and hotter with each episode. Even with the con angle, it was still surprising to find out that her character will go all the way to get what she wants. She be a ho, but working her way back to respectibility.

The MJ and Chris subplot was so bad.

I really hope the Josh Hopkins character gets his a$$ kicked next episode. He played Kite on Cold Case and broke Lilly's heart.

When Brooke slapped Jason (Kristopher), her acting was sooooo bad.

Did I miss Jasmine Trias's appearance on this episode?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/27/04

Good grief, could this show pack more plot twists than 4 weeks worth of daytime soaps?

I really needed to see more of Emmanuelle Vaughier in the bikini.

So is Chris a real playa? Knew he was way too good to be true. Hate seeing MJ hurting.

Gabriel is such a tool.

Frankie needs to watch his back at work.

Tessa, oh Tessa, she is so fun to watch.

If Alex had braces as a kid, she needs her money back.

Jason, Brooke, and Vincent need to start a support group for ex-Grand Waimei employees.

Now it's time for baseball on Fox, so it'll return on Thursdays in November.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Was she just in that one scene when she meets MJ and Chris? I wasn't really paying attention; so he vanished but it turns out it was all a ploy? That stupid take-off from The Gift of the Magi last week was just filler?

All the backstabbing is just ridiculous, especially with Tessa. She's obviously a liability; why would anyone trust her? Why does she still have a job there? Why is she still breathing? Why hasn't someone pushed her off a cliff?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
They sure managed to pile up the events this time. :D

What was it Vincent said about why he keeps Tessa around, something about she keeps things interesting? I think that's more why the screenwriters keep her around than why anybody on the show would. ;)

The Chris subplot was odd, hopefully it'll be resolved soon. Chris & MJ have been fringe characters anyway, not involved in the major going-ons at the hotel. Might as well get rid of both those characters, or incorporate them more into the main storylines.

How could Booth buy 2%? Wasn't the guy who sold Vincent his share the only other owner? I thought the only owners left were Vincent and Booth?

I expect Fox to pull the plug on this at any moment, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/02/04

Since CSI was a repeat, I decided to watch North Shore in HD tonight:

John Doe lives! And he's a world class chef now!

Could this show have some of the dumbest characters on TV?

MJ is sooooo dumb that she's becoming an embarrassment to bleached blondes everywhere. Her father abused her once again with the score (why doesn't she put a valuable piece of jewelry in the hotel safe, or in a bank deposit box?).

Jason gets smacked by the backhand of love once again as Nicole rebuffs his marriage proposal. Jason used to be the core of this show, and now he's being moved into the scenery at times.

Frankie, dude, you have to tap it when it is all over you, my man. It ain't gonna matter if you "wait" for the first time with Tessa because she's a maneater, and you are the main entre.

Gabriel is such a waste of a character. Yawn.

Chris is also a waste.

Alex only knows how to blackmail her way to the top. How many times do we have to see this tactic play out?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/16/04

Well, it's weird that John Doe has more chemistry with Nicole, but Brooke Burns' acting is much better with Doe than with Jason.

MJ quits her job, let's hope her dreams take off, else, she'll be stripping somewhere soon.

Tessa as runway model? Sure, I'll co-sign on that all day long. Chicken filets, or not.

Recognized that big Hawaiian guy with Vincent as that Sumo wrestler/offensive tackle on "The Replacements".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/6/05

Well, I'm probably the only one still recording this show, but with only one episode left after tonight's episode, I figure I'd stick with it.

North Shore has become the place where actors/actresses of from other shows come to graze, I guess:

This episode featured Bellamy Young (Hot Doc from Scrubs) in on a scam, but she looked lovely in her bikini. We also got Kristen Dalton (Dana from The Dead Zone) as Gabriel's agent as he assumed his new persona of G-Mac, and blows off the festivities at Frankie's family reunion. We also get the A-hole QB from Playmakers as part of the scam artists. And we can't forget Domenic Purcell (John Doe), nor Shannon Doherty (Charmed, 90210) listed as guest stars, still.

Jason is so screwed by trying to keep Vincent out of jail. Chris is playing with fire by getting intertwined with Alex. Nicole decides to get busy with the chef.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I watch it (though I haven't watched last night's yet, so can't comment on that)! I still like it more than "The OC"... are you saying next episode is the last??? Damn...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I watched for a few minutes, and it looked like all the couples on the Hetero Hook Up Wheel had shifted one position clockwise: A who used to be with B, is now with D, and B is with E, who used to be with F, who is now with C (or something like that). At this rate, they'll have to switch to the other Wheel next season. Not that there will be a next season.

In my opinion, this show has just gone downhill. It was great during the summer, then once Shannon Daugherty joined the cast, it really just went into a downward spiral and hasn't recovered. I still record it as well, only because O.C is on right before it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks