What's new

North -dvd (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
No idea, but it's Castle Rock if you want to start a thread in Studio Feedback. I guess that would mean MGM. But maybe Warner, depending on when it was made.
BTW, this is the subject of possibly Roger Ebert's most famous negative review . He even named a book after one of his comments.
[Edited last by Mitty on September 14, 2001 at 02:27 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have info about this great Rob Reiner movie being released on DVD?
The words "great" and North will never go together. But if you made mention of "guilty pleasure" along with North... :)
According to my VHS copy (one of the very few VHS titles I still own), it says the film was a co-production between Columbia Pictures, Castle Rock Entertainment, and New Line Cinema. All the promos that play before the film begins are promos for New Line films (The Mask, Dumb & Dumber, and Endless Summer II, etc)... so I'm guessing New Line still owns the rights to this film.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
New news on who owns the rights...
Hi!
I saw your post on the Home Theater Forum concerning the rights to "North". Any Castle Rock production prior to its acquisition by Time Warner (with the exception of "A Few Good Men" and "In The Line Of Fire") is now owned by Canal+/MGM, so it is now MGM that owns the video rights to "North".
"North" was first released on video by New Line Home Video because of a prior contractual deal between Castle Rock and New Line. Those rights transferred to Polygram/DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group after the Time Warner acquisition of Castle Rock. The Polygram/DEG library was then taken over by Canal+ and MGM.
So again, the video rights to "North" now lie with MGM.
Please post my message on the forum since I am not a member of that forum. Thanks.
hips
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Of course, it's not really "new" news, since Mitty said the same thing four posts ago, is it?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I saw your post on the Home Theater Forum concerning the rights to "North". Any Castle Rock production prior to its acquisition by Time Warner (with the exception of "A Few Good Men" and "In The Line Of Fire") is now owned by Canal+/MGM, so it is now MGM that owns the video rights to "North".
"North" was first released on video by New Line Home Video because of a prior contractual deal between Castle Rock and New Line. Those rights transferred to Polygram/DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group after the Time Warner acquisition of Castle Rock. The Polygram/DEG library was then taken over by Canal+ and MGM.
So again, the video rights to "North" now lie with MGM.
one is a contingent guess, and the other is a detailed and fact-filled explanation. how in the world did Mitty say anything like what Matthew said?
talk about being completely unappreciative.
Matthew: I, for one, appreciate your news-filled post.
DJ

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
The words "great" and North will never go together. But if you made mention of "guilty pleasure" along with North...
Ahem........
"I just saw the great North By Northwest, boy is that Hitchcock a master!"
wink.gif

-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks