North Creek Borealis

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian-K-Owens, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Brian-K-Owens

Brian-K-Owens Stunt Coordinator

Due to a change in my new home home theater setup, I will be selling the North Creek Borealis 9500's I had built to use as surround sound speakers. The speakers use a single Scan Speak 8545 7" driver, and a Scan Speak 9500 tweeter. The finish on them is identical to my Rhythms's on my webpage:

My webpage

If you look closely, you can see the borealis stacked in the corner.

For detailed info on the Borealis, you can read the following North Creek webpage:

North Creek Kits

My Cabinets are built 100% to the NC cabinet drawings with a combination for MDF and Baltic Birch, 2.25" thick faces, internal bracing, and the NC glop inside. The cabinets are DEAD!!!!!

The Borealis 9500 kit sells for $695 + shipping. I also paid the additional money to have the drivers broke in and hand matched to +/- 0.5 dB. The tweeter circuit has an added resistor in parallel that was provided by George to change the tweeter rolloff. I personally like the change when used with solid state electronics, but it can easily be removed if the buyer thinks the trebble is too "soft". My total cost on these speakers, not including the cabinets was $795, and I will let them go complete with cabinets for $750 + shipping.

If you are interested, email me at [email protected]

I can also email more pictures of them to anyone who is really interested.

Brian

2. Brian-K-Owens

Brian-K-Owens Stunt Coordinator

I will add that I am fairly new to HTF, but if you can check my feedback on ebay under "my55chevy" if you are worried about me as a seller. I could also provide references from the guys I just sold my pair of Blueprint 1803's to. . . .

Brian