What's new

North By Northwest 50th Anniversary blu ray?? (1 Viewer)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich

Well, what's the point? If there is a difference worth noting on managing a DVD project and a Blu-Ray project, enlighten me.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Among other things, parts of the duplication process are different (and constrained to a degree, especially in comparison to DVD), and the programming of menus and such is not the same process as DVD at all. I would imagine the encodes are lengthier as well, in order to process 6x as much data. And it stands to reason that the DVD process isn't short either. I'd imagine most big-name releases (catalog and day-and-date) have a fairly significant lead time as well, given that the announcement scheduling for DVDs is hardly any different than that for BD.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Digibook? Nice. If only we could be so lucky in the States.

Can't wait to see what useless crap they stuff in our $85 Box-O-Junk Edition.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well I hope you're right.

I have no use for a toy Bi-Plane or a plastic replica of Mt Rushmore.

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hodson

That likely is the artwork for the US edition; not only do we not get Warners digibooks in the UK, but there's no BBFC certificate on that art.
I found the cover artwork tied to the British Blu-ray, but I wondered about the lack of the BBFC certificate, too.

We never had a digibook from Warner in Germany, too, but at the end of July "300" will be released with a digibook. Maybe Warner is changing their policy about this in Europe?

Edited by ChristianLiemke - 7/14/2009 at 01:51 pm GMT
Edited by ChristianLiemke - 7/14/2009 at 01:51 pm GMT

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Odd how the arrows are pointing in the wrong direction in the title lettering on the cover, which otherwise is based on the titles as they appear on screen. In the film, they point north and west, I believe.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Are Warner films from England playable on our American BluRay players? I really want this film and will probably get it if it isn't region coded, unless it is also announced for USA release before I order.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by John Morgan

Are Warner films from England playable on our American BluRay players? I really want this film and will probably get it if it isn't region coded, unless it is also announced for USA release before I order.

It probably won't be region coded, but I would wait for that to be confirmed before ordering. The other fly in the ointment may be that any SD extras will likely be PAL; depends how your display will cope with that.

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by John Hodson

It probably won't be region coded, but I would wait for that to be confirmed before ordering. The other fly in the ointment may be that any SD extras will likely be PAL; depends how your display will cope with that.
Actually, all of Warner's BDs so far have had extras in NTSC - even in PAL territories.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Re: the foreign artwork: Actually, if the plane was attacking from the south, then from Grant's point of view, the arrows would be pointing north and west.

In the title credits, the northwest arrow is really pointing more to the southwest.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Posted by Reed Grele: In the title credits, the northwest arrow is really pointing more to the southwest.

I always looked at the titles as a forced perspective. It's not really pointing southwest, but the attempt at perspective makes it appear so. It's supposedly on the side of a building, and if one moved to a full frontal of the letters (if they really were projected on the building) they would point north and west.

Not a big deal. I just wondered why they chose to go in the opposite direction on the cover art.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jim_K /forum/thread/281267/north-by-northwest-50th-anniversary-blu-ray#post_3584129

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks