North and South mini-series on DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Barbara Smith, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Barbara Smith

Barbara Smith Auditioning

I love the mini-series North and South and I was wondering when Warner Brothers was going to release the entire trilogy on DVD in the United States (Region 1). Anyone with any information please post it here and/or if know the e-mail address of the person who is in charge of picking out of what comes out on dvd at Warner Brothers please post it here. Thank you.

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I would most certainly pick this up at least once. It would make a great gift for my mother and my sister. I might like to have one of my own too!

3. Jefferson

Jefferson Supporting Actor

Absolutely a must have.
    I avoided it for many years, thinking it was some kind of halfbaked Gone With the Wind.
    Couldn't have been more wrong.
    Please, bring this to DVD!

4. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

A definite "buy" for me.

5. Barbara Smith

Someone should start a petition and send it to Warner Brothers so the department that releases the DVD's will know that fans of North and South, North and South:Book 2, and North and South:Book 3 want the entire trilogy released on DVD with lots of extras.

6. Megan_A_D

Megan_A_D Stunt Coordinator

I'll chime in on this...

I've LOVED the fact that mini-series & tv movies are getting released on DVD because IMO its the only way to watch them.

Scarlett's my favorite and recently arrived along with Secret Garden which is also my favorite but I've not seen it as much since my taped from tv vhs tape went awol YEARS ago and I never found it for rent like I did Scarlett.

I think I've only seen parts of North and South but I will definently buy it and watch it.

My wishlist for ones I've seen and am still waiting for though is:
    True Women (starring the beautiful Angelina Jolie, also with Rachel Leigh Cook playing the young Jolie)
    Alex Haley's Queen, the mini series that launched Halle Berry's career.

But back to the subject of this topic, I will definently buy North and South cause while I'll enjoy seeing it, it'll soon be stolen borrowed by my dad and probably my mom too.

7. Barbara Smith

Does anybody have any information about North and South The Trilogy coming to DVD or at least know of how I can get in contact with someone at Warner Brothers so I can ask them myself? I love North and South: The Trilogy and I want it on DVD with extras!!!