nOrh Prisms 6.1

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by CraigH, Aug 18, 2004.

1. CraigH

CraigH Extra

Anyone have any experience with the nOrh Prism speakers. I know that the drum shaped nOrhs are highly regarded, I just have not seen as much on the more traditionally shaped Prisms. Any info would be appreaciated.

thanks
    Craig

2. Robert V

Robert V Stunt Coordinator

I had a pair of the 6.1's a few years ago in a 2 channel setup. Also had 5.2's and ceramic 4.0's. What info are you looking for?

Some forums to check:

www.audiocircle.com
    www/harmonicdiscord.com

3. CraigH

CraigH Extra

Thanks for the link.

I am looking for new front speakers to replace my Klipsch Heresy's. I have always been intrigued by nOrh products.

Speakers will be used 40% movies 60% music.

I am somewhat concerned that I am using a Sony 444ES receiver. Some of the reviews/comments about nOrh speakers I have read make we wonder whether the reciever will have enough juice to take ful advantage of the speakers.

Thanks
    Craig

4. Charlie C

Charlie C Stunt Coordinator

"replace my Klipsch Heresy's"

WHY for the love of ...?!?!?!?!? are you selling the klipsch???

5. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

heh. [​IMG]

6. Charlie C

Scott, why are you smiling? dont tell me you are buying them!

7. CraigH

CraigH Extra

Do you know what it is like having the same speakers for 25 years? Never being able to say "these sound like crap" or "darn it, blew the woofer out" And year after year your friends buy new speakers, replacing lesser speakers?

Well I can't take it anymore. Fine, the Heresy still sound great. There is nothing wrong with them. But I will replace them. O yes I will replace them.

Now answer my question! HOW ARE THOSE NORHS!!!!

:p)

P.S.

Heresy's not for sale. I am currently in negotiations with wife about second set up.

CraigH

8. Charlie C

"Heresy's not for sale. I am currently in negotiations with wife about second set up."

phew!

"Do you know what it is like having the same speakers for 25 years? Never being able to say "these sound like crap" or "darn it, blew the woofer out" And year after year your friends buy new speakers, replacing lesser speakers? "
    since im only 28, no. but Ive grown up with Altec VOT's and Altec 604's and Dynakits and tube amps and I know the value of antiquated audio gear that is still regarded as the shiznit.
    so you are feeling peer pressure to buy lesser speakers that may in fact blow and will definately lack in comparison to the Klipsch?!?

for one, the K's most likely are of much higher efficiency than the Norh's, therefore, youll find yourself replacing your sony.

sounds like youve got hypochondowngraditisia [​IMG]

minus a smaller footprint of the speakers, I see no need to change. if you just want something new to show off to your friends, save the $ from all the hassle I mentioned above and buy an SVS b4+. that will surely make your friends mouths drop and still add to your sound and not diminish the AWSOME POWER OF THE KLIPSCH!!!

Hey, craig, I am only ribbing you though. I just wanted to take the K's off your hands [​IMG]
    and NO I havent heard the Norh's.

9. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

I've got a pair of them. The fit and finish of the cabinets is spectacular. They have decent Vifa drivers. A good buy IMO. The cabinets alone are easily worth the price.