What's new

nOrh for real? (1 Viewer)

AlexKunec

Stunt Coordinator
"Adding a subwoofer should not shake the walls. It should not vibrate your furniture. It should simply add depth and intensity to the music. When there are sections with deep bass, the bass should create shockwaves that you feel but don't hear. The sounds you hear of things rattling in your house is not from the bass. It is from the resonances (distortions) that cheap subwoofer amplifiers put out."

Is this all true? I figured as the sub approaches the resonating fq of a certain object it should make it rattle.

eric nyhof

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be taking vibrations class next semester, but from what i already know, you are correct. If you run a frequency sweep, different things rattle at different frequencies, if this was cause by cheap amps, then you would figure they'd vibrate all the time.

A

Anthony_Gomez

I think nOrh is trying to say ..that in a "ideal" situation, you have no resonances to mess with the sound and that all you hear is the pure sound without any room induced distortion. ..so imo, nOrh is right.....

BUT they are also wrong because there is nothing even close to that situation! You always have to deal with resonances.....so you might as well have those resonaces be shake the holy heck out of your house weth the depth charging begins!@@@@!!!

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
Whoever wrote that needs to be subjected to a high SPL 7Hz fundamental so it can literally shake the s**t out of him since his apparent constipation seems to be affecting his mental faculties.

GM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks