nOrh and SVS in the HOUSE!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Gates, Jul 19, 2001.

1. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------

2. Ryan Schnacke

Ryan Schnacke Supporting Actor

This is a most excellent combination. My ceramic 4.0s and 25-31 continue to amaze me. Which models did you get?

3. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

To clarify, the Norh 4.0 package I ordered last Tuesday arrived today! My dual 20-39's arrived last week, and I hooked everything up over the lunch hour to my Onkyo 787!
    I still have to go home later and calibrate everything, but here are first impressions:
    The Norh's sound very surprisingly good right out of the box (some have said they'll sound better after 100 hours of break in), and the 20-39's POUND. Absolutely no disappointments. The Norh package, BTW, outperforms everything I listened to in its price range, and they look SOOOOOO COOOOOOL! Cool factor and WAF is WAY UP THERE on these. Finish is very high quality (I got woods finished in Walnut).
    Enough blathering.... I'll give you all a detailed review later once everything is calibrated.
    System:
    Mains: Norh 4.0 walnut drums
    Center: Norh 4.0 Black Marble (not yet arrived)
    Surround: Norh 4.0 walnut drums
    Rear Center: Norh 4.1 prism walnut
    Woofs: Dual 20-39 CS with Fidek
    Amp: Onkyo 787
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------

4. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

5. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

Jon,
    LOVE your speaker stands! Looks like you made them from columns? How much did they cost for materials (if you did it yourself)?
    ------>John
    ------------------

6. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Congrats John! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Isn't it a blast hooking that stuff up and switching it on the first time?
    If I get down there for the meet on the 25th do you think I can get a look?
    Bruce
    ------------------
    "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

7. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Congrats!!! Looking foward to your review for the equipment. [​IMG]

8. Ben Reierson

Ben Reierson Extra

Hey John.
    I have a set of ceramic 4.0's on order. I'm suprised to hear how fast you got your speakers, I guess the wait on the wood versions is quite a bit less.
    I was wondering if you got any notice when they shipped, and if you were provided with a tracking number.
    My Outlaw receiver should be here tomorrow, and I've already been enjoying my SVS 20-39PC for a month now. I just need the speakers to complete my masterpiece. [​IMG]
    The more people I hear about having this speaker setup and loving it, the more I can't stand the wait!

9. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

John,
    I lucked out and found the speaker stands at an estate sale. I kind of wished they matched in design, but at least that are the same height and color.
    Jon

10. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

Bruce: Yes, of course! You're always welcome at my place. I live 20 minutes +/- from Greg, so we can hop over to my place after the meet if you are interested and have the time. Greg has Norh setup on order as well, but he went exclusively with the Prism line (I have the drums). Will be interesting to compare, contrast.
    Ben: Before I ordered, I asked what they had IN STOCK and ready to ship. [​IMG] I would've liked ceramics, but the wait was 6-8 weeks, and I wanted it NOW. [​IMG] So far, I am not disappointed. I just couldn't stand to see a pair of SVS 20-39s sitting around with nothing to do.
    Namphung sent me e-mail on Thursday saying that the units would ship on the following Monday. She gave me a tracking number at that time, but it wasn't entered into UPS's database until Monday. Shipped Monday night, arrived Thursday. Ordered PREVIOUS Tuesday morning.
    REVIEW TO COME IN A FEW DAYS [​IMG]
    ------------------