nOrh 4.0 speakers - center?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by [email protected], Aug 25, 2002.

1. DonC@

[email protected] Auditioning

I'm considering either the:
    1. nOrh Special 5.1 Video System in wood
    (1 pair nOrh 5.1, 1 pair nOrh 4.0, 1 nOrh 4.0 center)

or

2. nOrh Special 4.0 (wood) Video System
    (2 pair nOrh 4.0, 1 nOrh 4.0 center)

I can't find any pictures of the 4.0 center. Anyone know what it looks like?

Also, anyone have any opinions on whether the 5.1 would be noticeably better?

2. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Don, I don't own Norhs but I believe the center channel is the same as the other speakers, except it is shielded. I may be wrong.

3. BrianKM

BrianKM Stunt Coordinator

Jed is right - the Norh 4.0 center is the same as the other speakers; it's just heavier because it has the magnetically shielded driver.

It's been a while since I've read up, but the general consensus was that it was better to go with 4.0s all around instead of mixing in the 5.1s - it creates a more uniform soundfield.

In addition, while the woods are very good, the ceramics are awesome for the money.

Good luck.

P.S. I have the ceramic 4.0s with an SVS and the combination has been awesome for the past 15 months.

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

I've seen some people use the 4.1 prism center with their 4.0 speakers. You may want to send them an email to see if you can substitue this speaker for a regular 4.0 According to nOrh, the 4.1 players lower and louder.
    Dan

5. DonC@

[email protected] Auditioning

Just purchased the 4.0 ceramic set all alround. So far, I can't believe the WAF with these. Second only to TIVO.