What's new

Nordost Wyrewizard cables (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
if you hear it, you hear. perception is reality (period). what you assign as the cause of that perception is a hotly debated topic.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I doubt there really was a "difference" but if you imagined there is and are happy that you spent a lot of $$$ TWICE for cables, then more power to ya!

:D

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Monster is a brand name. Like many other brands it carries a premium vs. lesser know or generic stuff. Old brand name cables can always be sold or used in another system. I've traded store bought ones for other things. Depending on what you use them with, cables can make a difference. That does not mean exchanging the same cables in another system will be exactly the same. Price does not equate to quality. There are many generic products that can work as well as brand name ones. I have not listened to Monster stuff in 6 or 7 yrs. I might still have some 10 yr. old interconnects upstairs. Glad you enjoy your system.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Good, then I Dont feel so bad about laughing for an hour at the thought of spending more for cables than your receiver is worth.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
actually, the nordost wyrewizards are probably their cheapest cables so i'm sure he spent way less than his receiver is worth. of course, that doesn't change his current troll status.

kevin t

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

More like current spam status. His whole post sounds like one of those "We asked current users about XYZ product, and here's what they said", ("Note - Current users are paid actors") infomercials on at 3:00am.;)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Daniel, if you reread your original post all you said is..."BIG difference!, "...yieled such great results.", "..., but are much better.", and "..."heard" a big difference?". Now frankly, with such emphatic vague qualifications, what is anyone to know WTF you are talking about? If you've ever read testimonials from infomercials and other places, you'll find that what you said doesn't sound a whole lot different.
Well I have just beaten the odds; because I will be a two time poster!
Damn, I was never any good at poker.

I will probably still retain my troll status, because the members on this site call anyone who is different, a troll.
If you knew that, why did you bother to join?

I thought this was a good site; a site where an audio video enthusiast could discuss ideas and ask questions with other enthusiasts who happened to be intelligent
It is however you're probably looking for the revival type audio sites. Join up with AudioAsylum.

My mistake... I did not realize that this site was a hangout for assholes (not Phil A, who was polite and friendly), to bash on others because they were inept cowards who had probably had not touched a woman in ten years.
Phil is an enormously intelligent person. When he's been ascerbic, I've thoroughly enjoyed his postings. Most of us have touched women in less than ten years but understand that for you to think that being molly-coddled by your mother and spoon fed doesn't count as a touch.

I would like to reprint part of the user agreement I signed up to when I joined this site: "All we ask of you is that you treat others with the utmost respect here. Realize, that anyone that mistreats another member is usually removed from the forum immediately."
Mommmy, mommy! They're being mean to me! Grow up already and reread your lame original post.

Well, apart from Phil A's reply, all the other replies were rude, arrogant, condescending and not too informative!
And you were expecting what according to your original post? If you continue to view the replies as that polarized, how will you ever get along when you're incarcerated?

I shall however remove myself from this forum by crossing the line: you are a bunch of assholes and you can go fuck yourselves!
Well, I can see that you're a special kind of guy. A guy who knows how to get his point across clearly. Well, from all us assholes, have a case of beer on us.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Chu, I was going to reply, but I figured I'd leave it up to you. I was not disappointed.

Oh, by the way, I thought Phil was being ascerbic and Kevin T was being polite (at least his first post was). Oh well, as Kevin said, perception is reality . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks